2023 B1G Tournament - Thunderin' Bolts vs Rutgers

So, it took one more inning than I expected for Olson to freak out and Bolt being to stubborn to pull a pitching change. Can't say I didn't see this coming. They wait until the game is tied, damage is done, momentum gone... Bolt is not a championship caliber coach right now though he's showed improvement. Let's see if the bats can heat up but my word this is frustrating!!

Just now, Loebarth said:

So, it took one more inning than I expected for Olson to freak out and Bolt being to stubborn to pull a pitching change. Can't say I didn't see this coming. They wait until the game is tied, damage is done, momentum gone... Bolt is not a championship caliber coach right now though he's showed improvement. Let's see if the bats can heat up but my word this is frustrating!!

I doubt there are a lot of managers that would pull their best starter because they've given up one run in the fifth inning.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Loebarth has his tickets all purchased and he's ready to go. I look forward to seeing this face behind home plate cheering on the Big Red!

Major League 2 (EN) - Only Vohn is missing, are you not unblocked?

LOL, this is an awesome analogy of exactly how frustrated I get with baseball. I can keep my head in football, basketball, even pole dancing but baseball... ugh, I'm a horrendous fan. So yes, I deserve to be slandered this way and sadly, I accept it.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I doubt there are a lot of managers that would pull their best starter because they've given up one run in the fifth inning.

I don't know.  It was pretty clear before that last batter that he was done.  This isn't a mid season game.  This is post season and a must win game.

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm guessing you didn't watch yesterday's games @Mavric

The only game the starters weren't pulled early was Michigan's (Halloran) and again, resulted in a loss.

You have a bull pen, use it for pete's sake. This team is too fragile to risk getting behind. Anyway, we'll see where it ends. Fingers crossed!!

Not looking good, come on Huskers. Dig Deep!!

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't know.  It was pretty clear before that last batter that he was done.  This isn't a mid season game.  This is post season and a must win game.

Well ... it's actually not a must win game.  But you're obviously in much better shape if you win.

It's also hard to risk burning out your staff.  We could have to play four days in a row.  I think you give your first starter the chance to try to get out of it and maybe give you another inning.  Again, because he had only given up one run.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Well ... it's actually not a must win game.  But you're obviously in much better shape if you win.

It's also hard to risk burning out your staff.  We could have to play four days in a row.  I think you give your first starter the chance to try to get out of it and maybe give you another inning.  Again, because he had only given up one run.

Welp, maybe this inning proved why he tried staying with him as long as he did. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I'm guessing you didn't watch yesterday's games @Mavric

The only game the starters weren't pulled early was Michigan's (Halloran) and again, resulted in a loss.

You have a bull pen, use it for pete's sake. This team is too fragile to risk getting behind. Anyway, we'll see where it ends. Fingers crossed!!

I really hope our manager isn't making decisions based on what other managers are doing with other pitching staffs.