Big Ten Announces Kickoff Times For The First Three Weeks of 2023

Big Ten Network, CBS Sports, FOX Sports and NBC announced their coverage for games during the first three weeks of the 2023 Big Ten football season and other select games later in the season. Details for those games can be found below.

In addition, start times for all 14 schools’ Homecoming contests were announced, along with the Big Ten Football Championship Game on FOX and bowl games televised by ESPN. Television designations not announced for homecoming contests will be released no later than 12-days prior to the game date and may be carried on Big Ten Network, CBS, FOX, FS1, NBC or Peacock.

The 2023 football season marks the first with a new set of broadcast partners that will deliver exciting matchups to fans across broadcast, cable and direct-to-consumer platforms. In addition to its three broadcast platforms (CBS, FOX and NBC), the Big Ten Network and FS1 will continue to carry games on cable networks. All games televised on CBS will also be available for streaming on Paramount+, while all games on Big Ten Network, FOX and FS1 will be available on the FOX Sports App.

NBCUniversal’s direct-to-consumer platform, Peacock, will carry Big Ten games live for the first time. All games televised on NBC will also be available for live streaming on Peacock, while games exclusive to Peacock will only be available on the platform.

https://bigten.org/news/2023/5/31/football-big-ten-network-cbs-fox-and-nbc-announce-early-season-schedules.aspx

image.thumb.png.1f9ec0f0c6389dc00dc915d1efc45885.png

Thursday, Aug. 31
Nebraska at Minnesota | 8 p.m. | FOX, FOX Sports App

Saturday, Sept. 9
Nebraska at Colorado | 12 p.m. | FOX, FOX Sports App

Saturday, Sept. 16

Northern Illinois at Nebraska | 7 p.m. | FS1, FOX Sports App

Friday, Oct. 6
Nebraska at Illinois | 8 p.m. | FS1, FOX Sports App

Saturday, Oct. 28
Purdue at Nebraska | 12 p.m. or 3:30 p.m./4 p.m. | TBD (HC)

Friday, Nov. 24
Iowa at Nebraska | 12 p.m. | CBS, Paramount+

• Plus1 1
  • Saunders changed the title to Big Ten Announces Kickoff Times For The First Three Weeks of 2023

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Only two 11am slots so far. Good. Worst time of the day to start a football game.

I actually don't mind them.  If I don't have anything else going on, I don't mind the early kickoff, and in Colorado it's an hour earlier for me.  I am already awake early, no use waiting around for the game to start.

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I actually don't mind them.  If I don't have anything else going on, I don't mind the early kickoff, and in Colorado it's an hour earlier for me.  I am already awake early, no use waiting around for the game to start.

It sucks for tailgating.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

I would spend $400 to see NU and CU play at Boulder or Lincoln.  I think that game is going to be a lot of fun no matter who wins.

Pulled the trigger on the Friday night Illinois game in Champaign.  Surprisingly we were able to actually get a hotel this time around in Champaign also so I'm wondering if there are still a lot of people who didn't re book after they changed the date or maybe there just not going?

Looking like that will be our only Husker game of the year in person.  Honestly I'm ok with that.  

51 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I think that game is going to be a lot of fun no matter who wins.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the game ends up being a s#!tshow on both sides...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • @Rodents - August 31 (Thurs.) 7:00CDT - FOX Telecast
  • @sCUm - September 9 11:00CDT - FOX Telecast (FOX “Big Noon” show in Boulder)
  • NIU - September 16 6:00CDT - FS1 Telecast
  • @Illini - October 7 7:00CDT - FS1 Telecast
  • Iowa - Black Friday 11:00CST - CBS Telecast

https://fbschedules.com/2023-nebraska-football-schedule/

And December 2 7:00 CDT - Huskers vs. East Champs - NBC Telecast ;)

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That move was announced weeks ago.  Not sure how this is an example of NU getting the "short stick".  

If it were a home game, it actually would suck because it's virtually impossible to bring in recruits for the game.

I dislike Friday games because that's for HS football.  They really sucked when I had a kid playing HS and couldn't watch the games.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1