*** 2023 Husker Previews: HuskerOnline - Predicting Nebraska's Win/Loss Record ***

Over or under? Predicting Nebraska's 2023 win-loss record

Summer is officially here, but in Nebraska, it’s never too early to start thinking ahead to football season.

The consensus Las Vegas projected win total for the Huskers is right around six for Matt Rhule’s debut in Lincoln. Too high? Too low? Or just right?

HuskerOnline’s Sean Callahan, Steven Sipple, and Robin Washut went through and predicted each game on NU’s 2023 schedule. We give our best guesses on what to expect this fall…

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/over-or-under-predicting-nebraskas-2023-win-loss-record/

Sean Callahan: 7-5
Steven Sipple: 6-6
Robin Washut: 7-5

The link has a game by game breakdown with their expectations. Can't say I really disagree, and I'd probably be pretty happy with 7-5.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well you got to start something right?  Yes the standard should not be 7-5 each year but its progress and that's something this program needs.

My point is that we should be absolutely thrilled and overjoyed with a 7-5 result in year one. This team is a dumpster fire mess until proven otherwise.

• Plus1 1

"Matt Rhule is a legitimately good college coach. Fans who are talking about the Carolina Panthers don't get it. He changed the culture at places that were in really, really bad situations, so he's got an even better shot than an alumnus of woking up the sleeping giant. ... This is a talented offense, but we don't know if they'll click. They need a solid, proof-of-concept year with both schemes on both sides of the ball, otherwise, it's all about recruiting. They're a sleeping giant because every other staff in the league knows what they're building in NIL. They're scary. If they do it the right way and strike deals with players who can be foundational pieces, they're going to be really good down the line."

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

My point is that we should be absolutely thrilled and overjoyed with a 7-5 result in year one. This team is a dumpster fire mess until proven otherwise.

Thrilled and overjoyed ??? :blink:

The team has been playing like a 7-5 team for years. 

They just sucked at some punting, screwed up a few special team plays, rotated quarterbacks from injury, missed some tackles, had some bonehead penalties, and turned the ball over at times.  Toss in some questionable coaching decisions too.  

The difference between the bottom line of getting 4 or 5 wins and 7.......The opponents took advantage of some of those opportunities and squeezed out victories.  It is not like the Huskers have been overmatched week to week.

Win 7 games, and that tells me they cut down some of the bulls#!t.  That itself will be nice, but not give me goosebumps and or feel absolutely thrilled.  It's ridiculous to think so.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, admo said:

Thrilled and overjoyed ??? :blink:

The team has been playing like a 7-5 team for years. 

They just sucked at some punting, screwed up a few special team plays, rotated quarterbacks from injury, missed some tackles, had some bonehead penalties, and turned the ball over at times.  Toss in some questionable coaching decisions too.  

The difference between the bottom line of getting 4 or 5 wins and 7.......The opponents took advantage of some of those opportunities and squeezed out victories.  It is not like the Huskers have been overmatched week to week.

Win 7 games, and that tells me they cut down some of the bulls#!t.  That itself will be nice, but not give me goosebumps and or feel absolutely thrilled.  It's ridiculous to think so.  

So what you're saying is that we've spent years playing like a 7-5 team, except for the numerous and multiple ways in which we definitively haven't?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1