Official Vent Thread

Cdog923

Has there every been any thought given to establishing an official Venting thread after each game? To give people a place to place their anger, instead of having the 6 different threads all covering relatively the same knee-jerk topics that were posted immediately after Thursday's game? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It is a great idea but the people posting their tantrums won’t keep it confined to one thread. The same stupid knee jerk topics will be created anyway, they always are.

Mods can combine the threads under one banner to keep the main forum cleaned up.

I don't know, 15 threads saying the same thing is cool.  :bang

I started missing the 15 P&R threads I would see for new stuff when I opened the site.  (not really)

I was looking forward to the new season.  Just wasn't ready for the Husker O to suck so bad, then hearing all of these experts.

I gave HCSF 3 years.  I will for sure give HCMR more than 2 games.

• Haha 1

It's something to think about. Not a bad suggestion.

I see the positive intent behind a Vent thread, but I think it potentially creates a new problem without really solving the original, the new problem being that we'd have to become the arbiters of 'what's a thread that should go in the vent thread' vs. 'what's worthy of staying as it's own thread.' We do that already to some degree but this would sort of heighten that response.

Also, just to be honest, I'm personally not a fan of mega-threads which is what something like that would sort of morph into.

7 hours ago, Enhance said:

It's something to think about. Not a bad suggestion.

I see the positive intent behind a Vent thread, but I think it potentially creates a new problem without really solving the original, the new problem being that we'd have to become the arbiters of 'what's a thread that should go in the vent thread' vs. 'what's worthy of staying as it's own thread.' We do that already to some degree but this would sort of heighten that response.

Also, just to be honest, I'm personally not a fan of mega-threads which is what something like that would sort of morph into.

I think you said it yourself: what would go in a Venting thread would fall under the discretion of the Mod team, as a part of their regular moderating responsibilities.

Also, how dare you besmirch the Scott Frost Megathread.