Sims vs HH

ndobney

1 hour ago, Scofrosghost said:

Saw him in multiple situations where you could tell he wanted to throw it down field,  didn’t like what he saw and pulled it down and ran for 4 or 5 yards. Sims tries to force it in those situations and it results in a pic. 
give HH the keys for Christs sake. He’s stayed committed to this team for years without getting a shot. He’s a local kid. He’s paid his dues and with that performance last night, deserves to be qb1. I honestly don’t know if we come away with a win with Sims at the helm. 

This! I said the same thing after the game. With Sims, we probably lose. 

It's a good problem to have.

I think Sims on paper is the more talented of the two, and he obviously did some really good things in the last 9 months to not only earn the starting job but also a single digit jersey number from his teammates. I think it would be unwise for anyone to expect that Haarberg won the job yesterday. The coaches probably aren't going to push Sims aside like that.

Haarberg on the other hand showed good command of the offense and the only turnover wasn't his fault. I think a lot of his teammates were inspired by his tough running and general lack of costly mistakes. I also have very low tolerance for any argument against Haarberg that has to do with the quality of the opponent, as if this isn't the same program that lost 24-19 to Troy, 45-42 to Georgia Southern, or 21-17 to NIU all within the last six years. So, to quote Kendrick Lamar, you can miss me with that bulls#!t.

Winning and winning well are lost commodities around this program, regardless of the opponent.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

It doesn’t matter how much more talented Sims is on paper or in real life. As long as HH, or CP for that matter, take care of the ball and aren’t ridiculous turnover machines, you gotta go with them over Sims. Sure he may provide the opportunity for some bigger plays but it’s a fact that you can’t win with turnovers at a rate of every quarter of play. His ceiling may be higher but his floor is unbearably low.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

Sims is probably our best dual threat QB, with potential for big plays.  He has to take care of the football tho.  Do that and we will be fine.  Everybody should know that. 

But I would roll with HH next game.  I think HH earned another start.  Sims can heal up his "ankle thing".  And have them both ready for Michigan game (all hands on deck) and moving forward.  Louisiana Tech and Michigan will likely have 8-10 guys in the box.  Pretty obvious.

I'd go with HH against LaTech.  Keep the momentum going, the confidence, and build on it or see if there is regressing.  Makes sense to me.

Would like to see HH make some more passes next week, and how he does with the blitzing.  And this offense when the running game is at a halt.  

I haven't given up on Sims yet.  He can make the throws, is good running the ball.  Hopefully he will learn to protect the ball better.  Nothing wrong having both QBs available now and for the rest of the season.  HH vs LaTech is what the staff should do IMHO.  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Lets talk about this when HH play Michigan.  We played NIU lmao.

Is this post supposed to be clever, witty, or clairvoyant? Because it is none of those.

Nebraska hasn't been a bowl game since 2016. It lost at home to NIU in 2017. They also lost to Troy and Georgia Southern within the last five years.

So, it is a bit silly that some of our fans are 'laughing their asses off' about good performances against perceptibly less talented teams. One would think this fan base would've moved beyond that type of vanity.

• TBH 3
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Is this post supposed to be clever, witty, or clairvoyant? Because it is none of those.

Nebraska hasn't been a bowl game since 2016. It lost at home to NIU in 2017. They also lost to Troy and Georgia Southern within the last five years.

So, it is a bit silly that some of our fans are 'laughing their asses off' about good performances against perceptibly less talented teams. One would think this fan base would've moved beyond that type of vanity.

I agree but we have this very obvious and strange fan subculture. Some of them want to tear down their own team at all costs. They seem to be in their glory when we lose and, when we win, it’s never good enough for one reason or another.

• Plus1 1