2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

Why I think the oline is better this year than last considering all the injuries and he would most likely help improve the team, he’ll probably end up somewhere else because Raiola hasn’t done the greatest job bringing in talent

Considering there is a redshirt freshman starting and 2 true freshman in back-up roles on the depth chart, I think Raiola is doing well to improve the talent at OL. Also, not sure how involved Raiola was bringing in Ben Scott, but that’s a transfer who has served a need at center this year. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Considering there is a redshirt freshman starting and 2 true freshman in back-up roles on the depth chart, I think Raiola is doing well to improve the talent at OL. Also, not sure how involved Raiola was bringing in Ben Scott, but that’s a transfer who has served a need at center this year. 

Touche. I don’t know why but it seems like he’s missed on a lot of guys but it could just seem that way because the oline has struggled and he inherited a crap show that’s going to take a couple years to fix 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

Touche. I don’t know why but it seems like he’s missed on a lot of guys but it could just seem that way because the oline has struggled and he inherited a crap show that’s going to take a couple years to fix 

Walter Rouse would have been a big get for NU in the transfer portal. NU had him committed, but then OU came in and got him last second with the help of more NIL $. But, if you want to say Raiola isn’t good at recruiting because of that, so be it. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Raiola connection to Ben Scott was a key factor

When you look at connections, Scott has a few to Nebraska.

He played high school football at the prestigious St. Louis in Honolulu, Hawaii. That is also the home of both current Husker offensive line coach Donovan Raiola and his brother Dominic.

It’s no coincidence that Dominic Raiola was in town the weekend of his Dec. 8 visit. He sat with his brother Donovan near Scott and his family during the Purdue vs. Nebraska basketball game.

“Having coach Donovan Raiola as the offensive line coach and being from Hawaii and his brother Dominic being from my high school who I trained with before one spring break. I knew the technique Raiola teaches and how it translates to the field and the NFL,” Scott said of the Raiola family. “It is great to have that Hawaii connection and someone that can relate to me and understand my mindset and goals of going to the next level is great!”

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/huskers-land-transfer-portal-commitment-from-arizona-state-lineman-ben-scott/

• Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

The Raiola connection to Ben Scott was a key factor

When you look at connections, Scott has a few to Nebraska.

He played high school football at the prestigious St. Louis in Honolulu, Hawaii. That is also the home of both current Husker offensive line coach Donovan Raiola and his brother Dominic.

It’s no coincidence that Dominic Raiola was in town the weekend of his Dec. 8 visit. He sat with his brother Donovan near Scott and his family during the Purdue vs. Nebraska basketball game.

“Having coach Donovan Raiola as the offensive line coach and being from Hawaii and his brother Dominic being from my high school who I trained with before one spring break. I knew the technique Raiola teaches and how it translates to the field and the NFL,” Scott said of the Raiola family. “It is great to have that Hawaii connection and someone that can relate to me and understand my mindset and goals of going to the next level is great!”

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/huskers-land-transfer-portal-commitment-from-arizona-state-lineman-ben-scott/

Thanks. I thought there was a connection with Scott and Raiola, but I wasn’t sure. 

• Thanks 1

You need a QB with Power 5 experience and proven ability and, as a bonus, was originally recruited by Nebraska?  Look no further…Hunter Dekkers is your man!  3044 passing yards with 19 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions.  Big body used to playing behind and inferior line.  Has beaten Iowa and is well rested having taken 2023 off to concentrate on his professional gambling career.  Best part of the deal is there will probably be no competition to get him!  If you aren’t going to pull the trigger on Spencer Petras, then Hunter Dekkers is your man…trust me.

• Haha 2