Jump to content


2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

While I'll don't think we land him but could you only imagine how our offense would look next season with McCord, Fleming and Etienne.  Man that offense would be dangerous.  The number one running back in the portal, the fourth best wr in the portal and the ninth ranked qb. That would be fun to watch no doubt.  Instant contenders!!!!

Contend for what? There's no west division anymore. 

  • TBH 1
Link to comment

16 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Contend for what? There's no west division anymore. 

Oh your right.  I think we would be one of the big 10 conference top contender's for best teams.  I think just by adding Fleming and McCord definitely helps but Etienne is icing on the cake along with the edge rusher from Florida.  Add 4 guys from the portal and your set.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

It would be great to get McCord, but I'd feel even better about it if he had say 150 yards rushing instead of negative yardage.  His longest run last season was 9 yards.  Hopefully, our RBs can produce. 

Yes, I'd like to get a proven back who isn't injury prone like ours have been.   

  • TBH 2
Link to comment

2 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

It would be great to get McCord, but I'd feel even better about it if he had say 150 yards rushing instead of negative yardage.  His longest run last season was 9 yards.  Hopefully, our RBs can produce. 

 

He'll make up that lost rushing yardage in completion percentage, passing yards and TD/INT ratio. 

  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 7
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Undone said:

I haven't read the last few pages of this thread. Just logging into the board for the first time since Friday. Is this McCord buzz even halfway legit?

 

Why would he enter the portal in the first place...and why in the hell would he want to come play for us?

 

McCord is visiting campus right now, and we are so far the odds on favorite to land him. I dont think anyone can say 100% for sure why but it does seem like he was maybe pushed out a little while OSU looks for a better QB, and also his dad seemed to be upset about something. To me he seems comparable to like a Ewers level QB just with better decision making. He has a solid NFL level arm, but wont just take over a game. OSU usually goes for a QB that in college does more than that. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

 

McCord is visiting campus right now, and we are so far the odds on favorite to land him. I dont think anyone can say 100% for sure why but it does seem like he was maybe pushed out a little while OSU looks for a better QB, and also his dad seemed to be upset about something. To me he seems comparable to like a Ewers level QB just with better decision making. He has a solid NFL level arm, but wont just take over a game. OSU usually goes for a QB that in college does more than that. 

He isn't as good as Ewers but he is way better than what we had. Think maybe our PA connection helped with McCord. 

  • Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

50 minutes ago, Undone said:

I haven't read the last few pages of this thread. Just logging into the board for the first time since Friday. Is this McCord buzz even halfway legit?

 

Why would he enter the portal in the first place...and why in the hell would he want to come play for us?

He’s on his 4th year as a Buckeye. He had to contend for the job this year, they wouldn’t place him as the starter for their upcoming bowl game, he’s not Fields or Stroud and a lot of blame for the UM loss was thrown his way.

 

IMO we’re only a QB and WR away from making a very large jump. Maybe he and Fleming will see that also.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

He’s on his 4th year as a Buckeye. He had to contend for the job this year, they wouldn’t place him as the starter for their upcoming bowl game, he’s not Fields or Stroud and a lot of blame for the UM loss was thrown his way.

 

IMO we’re only a QB and WR away from making a very large jump. Maybe he and Fleming will see that also.

 

I'll start the prediction thread now: if McCord comes to Nebraska, we WILL make a bowl next year. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site



×
×
  • Create New...