What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

17 hours ago, desertshox said:

He was hired before the portal officially opened.

I'm still willing to give Rhule some slack on this.  Up until that point, he was in the NFL and not paying that much attention to who was good college QBs that would be entering the portal.  This year, he has had almost all year knowing he was going to need to go to the portal to get 1 or 2 QBs.  He should know way more about who is good and potentially available.  Heck, if he's like a lot of coaches, he's had someone already contacting QBs that are going to enter the portal.  I don't like that, but it happens.

It will be very interesting to see who he goes after and gets.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm still willing to give Rhule some slack on this.  Up until that point, he was in the NFL and not paying that much attention to who was good college QBs that would be entering the portal.  This year, he has had almost all year knowing he was going to need to go to the portal to get 1 or 2 QBs.  He should know way more about who is good and potentially available.  Heck, if he's like a lot of coaches, he's had someone already contacting QBs that are going to enter the portal.  I don't like that, but it happens.

It will be very interesting to see who he goes after and gets.

Regarding slack for Rhule, Sims also appeared to be trending the right direction with protecting the ball heading into the year. Fewer turnovers each year, and in 2022 had just 2 fumbles (1 lost) and 3 INTs in a combined 275 attempts which is pretty good. This year has not been that.

We don't even need a good QB, just one who won't throw it directly at the other team or drop it at their feet.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Regarding slack for Rhule, Sims also appeared to be trending the right direction with protecting the ball heading into the year. Fewer turnovers each year, and in 2022 had just 2 fumbles (1 lost) and 3 INTs in a combined 275 attempts which is pretty good. This year has not been that.

We don't even need a good QB, just one who won't throw it directly at the other team or drop it at their feet.

Correct.  Any level of improvement at the QB position preventing turnovers, will directly affect the success of the team.  All we need is a serviceable QB to see improvement and go to a bowl.  Now...imagine if he actually goes out and finds a GOOD QB that can be a major player in winning games.

The off season is going to be interesting.