What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

HH is worse than sims and it’s not close 

Nope. Sims remains the worst. ONE scoring drive against a Colorado defense that sucks massive dongers, which Haarberg immediately matched when Sims finally, mercifully, tweaked his ankle. Can't even call for the snap correctly with a man in motion, he's BAD. FORGET ABOUT HIM. I'd much rather see Purdy if they HAVE to go to a backup at this point, but that isn't saying anything.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Yeah, what is up with that? We have players that can run and we end up passing! Why? 

Because the way MSU's defense was playing, we had guys running wide open all over the field. The running game struggled more than some people probably care to admit/remember because of the loaded box. If Haarberg were even a mediocre QB today instead of a FREAKING ABORTION, Nebraska probably wins by 10+.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

In Satts defense we also had some dudes running wide open and Haarburg missed them badly or didn’t even throw it and took sacks.  

Yes, it’s puzzling because you can’t tell if it’s bad playcalling or lack of talent. I like HH but he’s just not the man for qb for this team. 

At this point I'd rather see Purdy start next week just to see if he could bring something different. HH is as bad as Simms. They are both just horrible and have no business starting another game for Nebraska. HH had no business ever getting a scholarship at Nebraska. He does nothing well except run in a straight line. Simms must have had something at some time but he's awful too. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Nope. Sims remains the worst. ONE scoring drive against a Colorado defense that sucks massive dongers, which Haarberg immediately matched when Sims finally, mercifully, tweaked his ankle. Can't even call for the snap correctly with a man in motion, he's BAD. FORGET ABOUT HIM. I'd much rather see Purdy if they HAVE to go to a backup at this point, but that isn't saying anything.

I’m not sure how you can firmly say that Sims is worse than what we’ve been seeing from Haarberg. I’d say they’re equal in their carelessness with the ball at best.

Early in the year, Haarberg didn’t hesitate running as much and looked more smooth. Now he hesitates and looks lost. Staying with him without at least considering subbing him out for a series once in awhile has to be discouraging to the rest of the team.