Confidence Level - Final 2 Games - Will we earn a bowl bid?

TGHusker

How confident are you that we will get to 6 wins  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's rough. I think we took a step backward last week against Sparty. They just looked flat and uninterested. 

Against Purdue, they were pissed and got after it. Purdue had our attention. 

We just need to eliminate those flat games at least once in the next three, and we can go to a bowl. 

Yep.  Agreed.  It just seemed all so strange to me that on a day that they had everything to win (bowl eligibility, remain in driver's seat for west crown, win streak) that they came out so very flat.  Travel, early game, pressure to win that 6th game, inspired MSU team???  Not sure what caused it but I was totally shocked by the overall team

flatness.  I expect things to be a challenge on the O side unfortunately based on all of the injuries and turnover habits but not so much on the D side. 

Regardless - we have a great opportunity on Saturday to right the ship and get that win.  

• TBH 1

It's fascinating to me that we are collectively most confident about Iowa, who is the best team out of the 3 by a fair margin IMO. It is at home unlike the other two.

Like any stat this doesn't tell the whole story, but anyone want to guess who has the higher completion percentage between Wisky's current QB (Locke) and HH? Sort of a trick question.

Spoiler

Both exactly at 50% on the same number of attempts, 76/152. 

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It's fascinating to me that we are collectively most confident about Iowa, who is the best team out of the 3 by a fair margin IMO. It is at home unlike the other two.

Like any stat this doesn't tell the whole story, but anyone want to guess who has the higher completion percentage between Wisky's current QB (Locke) and HH? Sort of a trick question.

Hide contents

Ok then.  Let's win all 3!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Hide contents

Agree.  I think they win one game out of the next 3 and I don't think it'll be Iowa.  That's really the only one I want, but the defense has to score or we need to return a punt.  If we could return a punt just far enough for Alvano to kick it, I think he could actually win 2 of the next 3 games.

Maryland - L

Wisconsin - W (I don't know why, I just think this is going to happen)

Iowa - L

They are all coin flips. 

Nebraska football is a Roller Coaster ride that would make Cedar Point Jealous.  That being said, I thought Nebraska would win Saturday.  Now I don't know if they will win again.  Minny game is haunting us.  I do think we will win at least 1.  I think it will be Iowa.  For the Huskers to win any, our D may have to score or set up some scores.

I voted no.  Too many TO's again.  HH, IMHO, is playing hurt and timid. No longer has the aggression in the run game.  We have no passing game.  Stack the box, get Satt of schedule, make us throw, get the TO and beat NU.  D took a step back as well.  The stats showed we did well, but we played hesitant, step slower than previous games.  We played like a the 2-6 under dogs in that game.  Gotta be aggressive and get yards points/were we can.  Special Teams, I am looking at you.  Glad Rhule admitted he was wrong to have a designated catcher in the game instead of an actual player, but damn man.....Took you almost 60 minutes....And Foley mentioned last week that the punting game wasn't good.  So the answer was to put a bucket out there to shag balls.... Rhule will need to get their heads right.  Dudes need to show up and show out the next 3 games.  I can just as easily see us losing all 3 or winning all 3.  Hence more reason for the "no". (And I am so snake bit)

I vote NO. We have been abysmal all season on offense, and have been bailed out by the defense and also playing really poor teams . Our best opportunity was this past week, as MSU is a mess and had one of the worst secondaries in the country. HH couldn’t hit anything. Special team was a disaster and our defense finally looked vulnerable in the passing game. We made a very sub par QB look good, as we weren’t able to pressure him.

Maryland’s offense is better than MSU and will definitely put points on the board. More than our anemic offense can put up.

Wiscy at on the road at night.  Jump around all night. Zero chance here

Iowa, as another poster said is the BEST team we will see in the final three. Their offense is as poor as ours but their defense and special teams are better than we are. They win 2 phases of the game, with the 3rd being a push.

Really frustrating that we laid an egg against a poor 2-6 team to get to a bowl. I really like Rhule and the future is brighter than the recent past, but with our new conference and schedule, don’t expect miracles bc we will be scratching to reach 6 next year. I am not a pessimist, just a realist who almost got caught up in thinking we were MUCH better , but reality says our opponents just got worse… Illinois lost guys to nfl, Purdue’s QB started a game in nfl, NW with Fitz probably beats us. Rebuilds take time 

I fee there is no way of going on the road and winning. I think NU’s best chance is beating Maryland. The fans are going to be loud Saturday. Get some quick hitters in the run game. Satterfield has to put a few plays in to mix it up. Right? I doubt it, but I can dream they line up in the Maryland I. Iowa will get lucky and weird points. It’s what they do. 

Maryland is going to be able to throw the ball on Saturday.  It will be all about if we can get a lead and lean on them with the run.  It is such a bad place for this team to be playing from behind.

Both Wisconsin and Iowa will eat our offense alive, but especially Iowa. Folks looking for warm fuzzies there aren't going to get it in 2023, they are just too well coached. HH will be forced to throw and we all know that story.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ChubbaWubba said:

Should we try the only passing QB on the roster just once? Clue: His brother is an NFL starter 

Predicting rest of season
0 Wins with Sims 

1-2 wins with HH

3 Wins with Mystery Man due to defenses having to defend the pass 

Sorry Mrs. Purdy, but I think there's a good reason your boy is a Mystery Man. 

Congrats on Brock, though. He's done great for my 49ers. But he's still a different human being. 

• TGHusker changed the title to Confidence Level - Final 2 Games - Will we earn a bowl bid?