Maryland Week Pressers

knapplc

25 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Piper wasn't perfect, but I feel like he was pretty good about locking onto his guy when pulling or sometimes just blowing them up. JEJ and Lutovsky have definitely struggled with that, although a lot of their attempts were against the Purdue edge guys and this example was Nouili.

I just watched that play again and focused on Nouili.   A pancake it was not!

On 11/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, TGHusker said:

I like how he kept after the block after the initial hard hit by the LB  - He didn't just hit and release.  

Mentioned in another thread that I hope the comments from Rhule and Satt were not just complementing Coleman, but "encouraging" the other receiver/TE guys to step up and block better/finish blocks.  I miss the days of Bell decleating guys...NU receivers of old, while not setting receiving records would flat lay the wood.

12 hours ago, lo country said:

Mentioned in another thread that I hope the comments from Rhule and Satt were not just complementing Coleman, but "encouraging" the other receiver/TE guys to step up and block better/finish blocks.  I miss the days of Bell decleating guys...NU receivers of old, while not setting receiving records would flat lay the wood.

Team members first and receivers 2nd — whatever it took including blocking 

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 11/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, ZRod said:

That's some dark s#!t :lol:

Reminds me of this Enunwa quote:

Here was the question posed to Nebraska junior wide receiver Quincy Enunwa after a recent practice: Would you rather catch a touchdown pass or lay out a linebacker with a block on touchdown run?

The question wasn’t even fully out of the reporter’s mouth when the 6-foot-2, 215-pound Enunwa answered passionately: “Layout, oh my God. Because with a touchdown, of course you’re gonna get hyped up, but if I lay somebody out, that guy’s going to feel terrible if it’s a linebacker, you know? He’s gonna get up and be like, ‘That’s a receiver that knocked me on my a$$.’”