RB/DB Ronnell Grixby

I was reading on a ksu board on their thoughts about Ronnell and some of them are out of their minds(no surprise ;) ). One guy insisted that Ronnell is twice the player that Okafor will ever be and something along the lines of that if they lined up head to head, Ronnell would knock him out of this world. Ronnell is talented of course, but based on size and potential...Okafor definitely has the edge. They sure come up with some good ones in purple land.

Callahan told me tonight that Nebraska pulled Grixby's scholarship because BC doesn't have a place to play Grixby. They don't want him as a DB and they don't think that Grixby has the material to be a D1 running back.

I agree with both assessments. Dude, you know Calli?

Sean Callahan was in Hastings last night and we talked about Husker recruiting and the spring game for a while last night.

• 6 months later...

Any possibility we reconsider offering this kid, or possibly the new coaching staff doing so?

Just curious because it sounds like he just tore it up against Kearney in the A semi-finals and will be playing this Sat. on NET

I kind of hope we do because like it or not Grixby is one of the most common or famous names in the husker family for like the last 8 years.

Any possibility we reconsider offering this kid, or possibly the new coaching staff doing so?

Just curious because it sounds like he just tore it up against Kearney in the A semi-finals and will be playing this Sat. on NET

I kind of hope we do because like it or not Grixby is one of the most common or famous names in the husker family for like the last 8 years.

He tore it up, 22-154-3 TDs, against one of the top defenses in the state.

Sounds like the current coaching staff is spending the bye week in-state looking to pick up guys they might have overlooked. Maybe he'll be one.

Do we really have another opening?

Lucky, Castille, Glenn, Wilson, Helu, Mendoza, Okafor.

If we had Gray in there as well, boy, what a logjam that would be. I guess you can never have enough RBs.

I'd say so. Lucky, Glenn and Wilson are all gone after next year. That leaves Castille and Helu as sophs and Mendoza, Okafor and maybe 1 more guy that they can afford to redshirt and develop.

earlier in the year, it was reported this kid had attitude probs.......if so we can sure afford to pass on him.

I have personally talked to kids from Central that says he comes high to school quite a bit, he isn't the only kid that does it but not football players during football season.

By the way I forgot to post that after the Millard West game he and the Prater brothers didn't shake hands with anyone on the team just were celebrating by themselves.

If we had Gray in there as well, boy, what a logjam that would be. I guess you can never have enough RBs.

I'd say so. Lucky, Glenn and Wilson are all gone after next year. That leaves Castille and Helu as sophs and Mendoza, Okafor and maybe 1 more guy that they can afford to redshirt and develop.

Why would all those guys leave??? Do you think they are going to jump and go to the NFL???

Why would all those guys leave??? Do you think they are going to jump and go to the NFL???

He said after next year because all of them will have graduated or at least used up all of their elgibility after next year.

He said after next year because all of them will have graduated or at least used up all of their elgibility after next year.

he is a little slow sometimes........he is from Iowa remember