? about Husker Nside MS MP preference settings?

I'm running an iMac with 2gb of RAM on a DSL line. Huskers nside video streaming is jerky, stops dead quite a bit and in general, is crappy. Lots of buffering. Is this normal for nside? Did I just waste $99.95?

Just curious how nside is working for others.

Thanks,

Tim

what iMac?

Intel or PowerPC?

Problem: If you are running an Intel iMac Windows Media Player is running under Rosetta, Apple's emulation software, because of their processor change and that Windows Media Player still hasn't been updated, at least to my knowledge (did a real quick check and found nothing).

Solution: I would find a "Universal Binary" Windows Media Player like flip4mac or VLC.

here is a link to download VLC for intel

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Link to flip4mac

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm

I would have to endorse flip4mac. I personally use it a lot in my editing jobs. It basically is a plug-in that installs itself into quicktime and all WMV files are opened within quicktime. It's pretty slick.

If Husker-N-Side is encrypted using Microsofts DRM then it becomes a little more sticky.

Obviously before trying these, become familiar with what you are actually putting on your computer. Let me know if you have any problems.

I'm runnin' a G5 iMac with 10.4 Tiger and the latest edition of MS Media Player. About every 15-20 seconds the video halts, it buffers for awhile, sometimes the audio is still there but eventually the two get out of sync. Not a very pleasant viewing experience IMHO. I really wanted this to work too.

I could dust off the old POS WinME box but I haven't ignited that thing in months. Just can't get too worked up about playing with MS OS's for some reason. :)

Thanks for the feedback!!

Tim

I'm puzzled?

Do you have norton(sp?) anti-virus or any other anti-virus software software installed? If so these could mess your mac up more than a virus. I would uninstall or disable them, and then try again.

You might have better luck using the flip4mac plug-in. I've used Windows Media to watch several volleyball games with no problems. Could be a busy server or something like that.