Arrival/Departure List 2023-24

NsideScoop

The first loss that’s a bit of a bummer. Thought he played pretty well when he got PT this year - but I also felt that other starting corner spot could have been his all year and it’s probably not a great sign that he never took it. By all accounts though, he brought good energy to practice and I am rooting for him to land at a good spot.

• Plus1 3
31 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

The first loss that’s a bit of a bummer. Thought he played pretty well when he got PT this year - but I also felt that other starting corner spot could have been his all year and it’s probably not a great sign that he never took it. By all accounts though, he brought good energy to practice and I am rooting for him to land at a good spot.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd stick around and break out - I don't recall any problems with his play on the field other than a dumb holding on the INT return against Iowa. But we have a ton of bodies at DB so some movement was inevitable. He should do well in the portal, CBs with experience and length are hard to come by. I'd guess a Florida school will scoop him up.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I think Lynum is more of a quarters or zone corner & NU is a base man off defense under White.  He received pretty extended playing time due to injury in a few games, including the Michigan game, and not only wasn't victimized, I only noticed a few passes caught on him, but it seemed like White played a lot more cover 3 and 2 when he was on the field.  Maybe protecting him a little bit???  I feel like when Nebraska was at their very best, they had a lot of players like this contributing in secondary roles, and on special teams.  It's hard to improve when you are constantly getting younger, but that's the modern era of football, and the cost of coaching turnover.  

• Plus1 1