New Player Numbers

Interesting that Bonner is switching back to WR.  Not surprised because he wasn't utilized as a mismatch out of the backfield and there are more natural lead blockers at FB, but that seems like quite a physical transformation to yo yo between over the course of 12 months.  

Hugh Green & Leroy Selmon were 2 of my favorite players growing up, they wore 53 & 63, but I was a WR/DB growing up so I always wore 13 or 23.  By the time I got to HS, everybody wanted 23 because of MJ, and I wore 43 through HS & college as a SS.  It was more important to me than it should have been.  lol

13 hours ago, floridacorn said:

Interesting that Bonner is switching back to WR.  Not surprised because he wasn't utilized as a mismatch out of the backfield and there are more natural lead blockers at FB, but that seems like quite a physical transformation to yo yo between over the course of 12 months.  

Yeah, I noticed that as well and I think it's a good sign. I still like him as an H-Back type, but it's in everyone's best interest to make sure he develops WR skills and isn't just an unusually athletic FB who we only use for a handful of snaps per game.

I would think the year at FB gave him enough of a foundation that he can focus on WR and still play FB in certain packages. I don't think the reverse (working mostly at FB and then playing WR) works. The good news is I don't think they put a ton of bad weight on him to play FB, physically he looks like Quincy Enunwa and that will play at WR and as a light situational FB.

• Thanks 1
On 4/1/2024 at 4:16 PM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wore 16 in HS because it wasn't 14 (my older brother's number) also because of Joe Montanana.  Had to wear 39 my freshman year of college because 16 was taken.  I also asked for 8 (half of 16)   but was also taken.  Wore 16 for 3 seasons as a safety just like Joe Montana

That's awesome !

Wore 19 in HS (FB)

Wore 14 in HS (hoops).  It's my 2nd favorite number. 

Wore 18 in HS (Baseball).  It's my favorite number. 

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Decked said:

Bonner seems like a guy who would be a good spring process. Not sure he has the speed to be a WR & there are a lot of guys ahead of him now. 

Bonner ran a 4.38 at an Arkansas Camp in high school, Not sure if he still has that kind of speed but awesome to see him being willing to make a huge position switch to FB to help the team and stick with it the past few years!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Bonner ran a 4.38 at an Arkansas Camp in high school, Not sure if he still has that kind of speed but awesome to see him being willing to make a huge position switch to FB to help the team and stick with it the past few years!

I'm going to preface this by saying that I am a fan of Janiran Bonner as a football player but the only way that he realistically hit 4.38 is if they were running the 37-yard dash.

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, The_Fan_Man said:

I'm going to preface this by saying that I am a fan of Janiran Bonner as a football player but the only way that he realistically hit 4.38 is if they were running the 37-yard dash.

It was probably a hand held time. 

• TBH 1
  • 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...