Who's In The Game?

Full list (of guys who posted on Instagram/Twitter)

Danny Kaelin

Janiran Bonner

Jaylen Lloyd

Dante Dowdell

Jeremiah Charles

Kenneth Williams (Walk On)

Kwinten Ives

Derek Branch (Walk On)

Brice Turner

Demetrius Bell

Alex Bullock (Walk On)

Ashton Murphy

Dae'vonn Hall

Dylan Raiola

Evan Taylor (Walk On)

Gibson Pyle

Ian Flynt

Jacory Barney Jr

Larry Tarver

Blye Hill

Jaidyn Doss

Isaiah McMorris

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

11 hours ago, SWIHusker said:

How pissed is my wife gonna be when she realizes I keep saying I can’t wait for July…..

she assumes I’m speaking of our new baby being born…..naaaahhhhhh. This game release! :D

As an experienced Dad, I suggest you figure out how to hold the PS5 controller with a baby in your arms for those late night feedings/sleep duty sessions.

• Haha 1
On 3/1/2024 at 7:28 AM, GretnaHusker14 said:

Full list (of guys who posted on Instagram/Twitter)

Danny Kaelin

Janiran Bonner

Jaylen Lloyd

Dante Dowdell

Jeremiah Charles

Kenneth Williams (Walk On)

Kwinten Ives

Derek Branch (Walk On)

Brice Turner

Demetrius Bell

Alex Bullock (Walk On)

Ashton Murphy

Dae'vonn Hall

Dylan Raiola

Evan Taylor (Walk On)

Gibson Pyle

Ian Flynt

Jacory Barney Jr

Larry Tarver

Blye Hill

Jaidyn Doss

Isaiah McMorris

Add Jimari Butler to the list!

36 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Add Jimari Butler to the list!

I wonder how they figure out the 85 - is it first come first serve? Feel like it would have to be, I don't think they would bump a guy because he's down on the depth chart and a starter signs up. But it's clearly not limited to scholarship guys which is interesting. Most teams won't have the same degree of this problem, but we have ~45 guys not on the 85 and most of them would jump at the chance to be included in the game. Like no offense to Derek Branch, but if he's in the game and Marques Buford isn't because he was the 86th guy to try and opt in that's not great for the consumer.

Sticking with 85 man rosters is kinda dumb IMO anyway - I don't need complete realism in roster management, but it seems like implementing walk-ons would not be difficult. Instead of only getting walk-ons when you don't have enough players at a position (and them counting against your 85), you should also get a set number of walk-ons based on prestige level (who do not count against the 85). If they hit a certain overall or play more than a handful of snaps, you can either add them to the 85 or they'll transfer. Have a very low but non-zero chance of a generated walk-on actually being a decent player and/or developing super quickly.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:07 PM, Husker in WI said:

I wonder how they figure out the 85 - is it first come first serve? Feel like it would have to be, I don't think they would bump a guy because he's down on the depth chart and a starter signs up. But it's clearly not limited to scholarship guys which is interesting. Most teams won't have the same degree of this problem, but we have ~45 guys not on the 85 and most of them would jump at the chance to be included in the game. Like no offense to Derek Branch, but if he's in the game and Marques Buford isn't because he was the 86th guy to try and opt in that's not great for the consumer.

Sticking with 85 man rosters is kinda dumb IMO anyway - I don't need complete realism in roster management, but it seems like implementing walk-ons would not be difficult. Instead of only getting walk-ons when you don't have enough players at a position (and them counting against your 85), you should also get a set number of walk-ons based on prestige level (who do not count against the 85). If they hit a certain overall or play more than a handful of snaps, you can either add them to the 85 or they'll transfer. Have a very low but non-zero chance of a generated walk-on actually being a decent player and/or developing super quickly.

Very good points here! Has anyone else noticed how much they have featured Derek Branch on the social media? Makes me wonder if he is a walk-on who could earn some playing time.