2024 Pro Day

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I didn't know freshmen, that aren't going into this year's draft, ever worked out at pro-day.

They don't, but someone has to throw the ball for the WRs. A lot of times it's alumni or the current QB, we just don't really have any of those. Martinez coming back would be a bit odd, Thompson is somewhere else, and the guys working out in front of scouts would have been wise to politely decline Haarberg  throwing to them.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

They don't, but someone has to throw the ball for the WRs. A lot of times it's alumni or the current QB, we just don't really have any of those. Martinez coming back would be a bit odd, Thompson is somewhere else, and the guys working out in front of scouts would have been wise to politely decline Haarberg  throwing to them.

Ahh...OK.  That makes sense.  I thought they were working out for the scouts.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ahh...OK.  That makes sense.  I thought they were working out for the scouts.

They are, just unofficially. Don't think the scouts won't be keeping an eye on DR and DK to see how they deliver the ball, how accurate the throws are and the arm strenght they both have. They'll make mental note of that for when they are draft eligible.

• Plus1 3