OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

I have multiple advanced degrees, was a post doc at another U, and a professor for awhile. UNL and ND are both good universities. Name recognition might count somewhere but the bottom line is that a person gets out of an education what they put into it, and that counts a lot more than prestige. You can take the same clasess, use the same texts, and have good and bad teachers at both schools. A person who is successful at one will be successful at the other.

HOWEVER, if two guys both got their undergraduate degrees, one at each school...and they were completely equal in every aspect , and all connections aside, are both applying for the same job, the ND graduate wins every time.

This argument is completely moot if that guy is a football player. You can recruit the greatest football player in the world to come to Harvard, that doesn't mean Microsoft is going to hire him into a 6-figure job when he graduates.

The only logic is that he's an athlete. If Harvard did recruiting like Notre Dame, that doesn't mean they'll suddenly turn out brilliant athletes who go earn 6-figure jobs at Microsoft or develop into world-class professors of history.

On its own, "a student will get what he puts into it" has some validity, but the overriding factor here is that wherever he goes, he has an overwhelming commitment to football. And that's a limiting factor. And that's why I don't buy the argument that academics counts for much when it comes to football. Otherwise, year-in year-out, the top ranked teams would be Cal, Stanford, Michigan, Virginia, UCLA, Duke, ND. Ohio State would be unheard of.

The point is, if he goes to ND, he wouldn't go as a typical student, he'd still be a football player. He goes to Stanford, he's still a football player, not a straight-A student with a 36 ACT who's worked his butt off concentrating on schoolwork. Georgia Tech offers two kinds of programs (from what I read when I was applying to schools): "business" and hardcore engineering. Guess which ones the football players all majored in?

OWH story on TR......Mums the word

NU Football: Is Robinson still NU-bound? Mum's the word

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

The recruitment of Trevor Robinson grows more interesting by the day.

Robinson, a heralded offensive lineman at Elkhorn High School, is back from weekend visits to Notre Dame and Michigan. His family has turned mum, though, on Robinson's status as a Nebraska football recruit - that and nearly everything else.

"Our discussions are with coaches only," his father, Wade Robinson, said Monday. "That's just the way it has to be."

Trevor Robinson, rated by rivals.com and scout.com among the nation's top 100 senior prospects and the No. 2 player in Nebraska, accepted an NU scholarship in April. Nebraska extended its offer last September, along with Notre Dame, on the first day schools were allowed to do so.

All seemed well until last week, when Wade Robinson said his son needed one more look at his two other favorite colleges to confirm the decision. Wade Robinson emphasized at the time that Trevor had not backed out of his pledge to the Huskers.

On Monday, the elder Robinson refused to say as much.

"Because it's a little hectic, we're just not talking to any (news media)," Wade Robinson said. "Everything is just too easily misconstrued."

And so it remains unclear if Robinson should count in the Huskers' class of 2008 recruits, which stands at 14 without him.

The class includes four other offensive linemen: Baker Steinkuhler, regarded as the top prospect in Nebraska out of Lincoln Southwest, Dan Hoch of Harlan, Iowa, Bryce Givens of Denver and Omaha Burke graduate Ricky Henry, who now attends the North Dakota State College of Science.

Robinson was a first-team All-Nebraska selection as a junior. He turned down offers from Texas A&M, Iowa and others in addition to Notre Dame and Michigan for Nebraska.

All commitments are non-binding until February, when high school seniors will sign letters of intent.

with the Robinson's unwilling to talk to anyone but the coaches, i will have to guess......i just dont know

***SNIP***

"Our discussions are with coaches only," his father, Wade Robinson, said Monday. "That's just the way it has to be."

***SNIP***

Oooooooooooh...I don't like the sound of that. Makes me think, "Once we inform the NU coaches we're decomitting, we'll announce it to the media".

Hope to hell I'm reading too much into it...

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

Oooooooooooh...I don't like the sound of that. Makes me think, "Once we inform the NU coaches we're decomitting, we'll announce it to the media".

Hope to hell I'm reading too much into it...

i bet this run through out the season and then he announces at half time of the AA bowl or on signing day.

picture this......dad behind him wearing a ND hat, Mom to the side wearing a sweatshirt, and TR jumping up on the table, dropping his pants, and he is wearing Husker Boxers, then moons dad, and flips mom the bird, and signs the letter.

question though if he is 17, would he have to have a parent sign also, do to the fact that he is not old enough to enter into a binding contract?

a letter of intent is a binding contract is it not?

i bet this run through out the season and then he announces at half time of the AA bowl or on signing day.

picture this......dad behind him wearing a ND hat, Mom to the side wearing a sweatshirt, and TR jumping up on the table, dropping his pants, and he is wearing Husker Boxers, then moons dad, and flips mom the bird, and signs the letter.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

GBR

I haven't said much about this whole deal, and I doubt TR or his family gives a crap what I think,but here goes.....I want him at Nebraska, and I'll be his biggest fan if he comes back on board, and I hope he becomes the valued leader of the future Olines over his career, and a bonafied hero to all young kids in Nebraska,.....and if he's truelly a red blooded Nebraska kid, then that is how it will play out, and he'll get to be a big part of aNational Championship team, sometime during his 4 or 5 year Husker career. If he doesn't , and he ends up at Notre Dame, then I'll think his team sucks, just like I do now, and I honestly hope he never wins a game there, which is unlikely, since they play a pansyass schedule for the most part, I hope the 9 consecutive bowl losses becomes 14 during his days there,and I will want in the worst way for him to look back on it 4 or 5 years from now as the worst decision he ever made, and I hope ol dad regrets his contolling ways as well.

I haven't said much about this whole deal, and I doubt TR or his family gives a crap what I think,but here goes.....I want him at Nebraska, and I'll be his biggest fan if he comes back on board, and I hope he becomes the valued leader of the future Olines over his career, and a bonafied hero to all young kids in Nebraska,.....and if he's truelly a red blooded Nebraska kid, then that is how it will play out, and he'll get to be a big part of aNational Championship team, sometime during his 4 or 5 year Husker career. If he doesn't , and he ends up at Notre Dame, then I'll think his team sucks, just like I do now, and I honestly hope he never wins a game there, which is unlikely, since they play a pansyass schedule for the most part, I hope the 9 consecutive bowl losses becomes 14 during his days there,and I will want in the worst way for him to look back on it 4 or 5 years from now as the worst decision he ever made, and I hope ol dad regrets his contolling ways as well.

:yeah

but i will still hope that HE plays well, just that ND sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Man I missed all of this. Well if he wants to go to ND fine then just go early so we can get in on some other guys and replace him. It's not like we can't find another O-line in the country that is pretty good. We can and this is the reason why I never get too excited about recruits. They do this stuff..............