OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

If he has his heart set on going to Notre Dame, so be it. He is a good player and I would love for him to come to Nebraska but if he would rather go somewhere else that is his decision and his alone. Our coaches offered him early and have been actively recruting him, if he decides he wants to go elsewhere, so be it.

Trevor has really got to work on his technique. technique is what he doesn't have, and that can be taught. What trevor has are the things that can't be taught. A nonstop motor, size, agility, etc.

This is the first time in his recruitment that I have become slightly worried about his chances at coming to Lincoln. I still think that NU is in the lead, but the gap is being closed.

Perhaps not. That's just how I'm seeing it.

As much attention as Weis (sp) has given him, would think that there is more than just a casual interest.

I really have a bad feeling about this. Hope Im wrong.

I agree with you on this, but perhaps he is just torn and trying to make the best decision.

I am not a college football expert, (even though I play one on the internet) but I simply don't see what all the fuss is about concerning Trevor Robinson. I watched this kid play live against Crete in the Class B finals and honestly did not know that he was in the game. A player of this "caliber" in a Class B high school game should stick out like a sore thumb, but he didn't. As we were leaving, I asked my friend what Trevor Robinson's number was. He may have had a bad game, and he's all he's blown up to be, that night, I didn't see it.

I am not a college football expert, (even though I play one on the internet) but I simply don't see what all the fuss is about concerning Trevor Robinson. I watched this kid play live against Crete in the Class B finals and honestly did not know that he was in the game. A player of this "caliber" in a Class B high school game should stick out like a sore thumb, but he didn't. As we were leaving, I asked my friend what Trevor Robinson's number was. He may have had a bad game, and he's all he's blown up to be, that night, I didn't see it.

Not sure how well OLs stand out in a particular game. Should they be making pancake blocks on every play? Or is it just that he shut down the guy across from him? I don't know. I imagine every play you would see him making his block.

In class B, Trevor should be able to to whatever he wants with almost any guy that lines up in front of him, but his technique is poor. Which is why a lot of times he doesn't look as impressive as he should. But like I said, he's got tremendous attitude, and tremendous upside and potential. technique can be taught. Redshirt him a year and let him get two solid years of learning how to play OL. Then unleash him into the world and watch your QB never getting sacked from that side of the line.

My theory for watching o-lineman is, if they don't stand out, they are doing their job, but if they do stand out, they more than likely just messed up.

i dont exactly get what you are saying but I don't think that is true, what if the lineman is pushing the d-line so far down the field, that stands out and that is good

My theory for watching o-lineman is, if they don't stand out, they are doing their job, but if they do stand out, they more than likely just messed up.

i dont exactly get what you are saying but I don't think that is true, what if the lineman is pushing the d-line so far down the field, that stands out and that is good

That is true, sometimes they do stand out when they do some good things. But more times than not, on a long touchdown run or touchdown pass, it is the quarterback or running back that standouts the most while people forget about the o-line making the blocks for it all to happen. Just look at the this past years highlight reel for the Huskers. If there is a long touchdown run, the first thing thing that usually pops out is BJax or Lucky carrying the ball, and not so much attention to the blocks that set up the run. Most announcers (except Madden) will never say an o-lineman's name unless they have a holding or false start penalty. It is just the nature of the game, skill position players get the air time while the lineman do the dirt work.

Actually any more it is quite common to have someone that size and bigger in high school. Steinkhuler is the same weight but an inch taller and runs a 4.9 forty. All of our linemen this year and last year were at least that size.

When you say "our" do you mean the Huskers or your highschool team? My highschool and pretty much everyone that we played was lucky to have one or two guys that big on the line. At 6-2, i was the tallest D lineman we had. And i wasn't that light at 200 lbs compared to the other guys.

The huskers of course would be a different story :)