JUCO LB Larry Asante

WOW I thought he was Clemsons for sure!!! I was so shocked/excited when rivals said he was N!

So if hes got 3 years of eligibilty do we stick him at LB or S? I think he needs to go LB

I've seen his weight listed everywhere from 225 to 205. If its the latter, I say he should stay at safety. Yet, even if he is closer to 225, I may just want him to play SS. He'd kill people back there...

:bonez

WOW I thought he was Clemsons for sure!!! I was so shocked/excited when rivals said he was N!

So if hes got 3 years of eligibilty do we stick him at LB or S? I think he needs to go LB

I've seen his weight listed everywhere from 225 to 205. If its the latter, I say he should stay at safety. Yet, even if he is closer to 225, I may just want him to play SS. He'd kill people back there...

:bonez

If he's as good as advertised, he should play safety. Probably the easiest way to get on the field. I would love to have someone that size patrolling the middle of the field.

Welcome, Larry!

Been reading the posts...I have to admit it would be cool to see him at SS busting opposing receivers heads! :rickjames

Edit: Rivals now lists Asante at S...he is no longer listed at LB.

Wow he would be a HUGE safety!!!!! I can almost see a receiver getting his head ripped off going across the middle!!!! :bonez

i liked the article that quoted Busch saying tat when he looks at a recruit, he looks for violence on the field, and Asante is a violent player.

Yeah I agree...............that definately shows he's looking for the big hit and head hunting for people. It may make receivers think twice about going across the middle on him.

It also was something that was missing from our secondary this year. I can't wait to see him lay out some receivers next year.

Yeah we didn't have anything that would even remotely make a receiver afraid to go across the middle on us...............usually if you have a big hitter back there a receiver will hear footsteps or just plain be afraid to get hit by a guy...............

• 1 month later...