Congrats Huskers from a Hawks fan

I just want to say that was a great game husker fans. First off, before I even start in about the ugly game that was Nebraska vs. Kansas 2006 I have to say that you are the classiest fans I think I have ever been around. Before the game I went to sidetracks and had a great time shooting the $hit with all the Nebraska fans. I was really drunk and had a great time

Second are seats were in the alumni section and they treated us with respect the whole game. Even when KU took the lead 25-24 for like 10 seconds they just kept telling us how much respect they had for are team for continuing to fight and never giving up. Therefore, my hat is off to the Nebraska fans as being the classiest fans I have ever been around. Also you have the best stadium in the Big 12. That was unbelievable when that place gets rocking it's like nothing else.

Now on to the game. Ugly but extremely entertaining. Zac Taylor is a damn good QB and I hope that Nebraska runs the table because I want to see more North teams in the Top 25 and show the Nation that Football is not dead in the North Division. I take a few things from this game from Both Teams

Nebraska-

Your close to having the horses you need to run the West Coast offense. Your WR are fast fast fast. Taylor is a very good QB but I think that Keller will be a Stud next year.

At some point this season, you are going to have to have a Nickel Defense. Your LB’s are very good but to expect them to Cover Big 12 WR all game is just not the answer. If any Coach is smart, he will just spread you out like KU did and throw all day long. Which opens up the middle because your linebacker are in coverage. It's not all Your secondary fault. You have a couple injuries that have not allowed you to do the things you want. I will say Next year your D could be very dominate with one more year of experience for the young kids and getting your All Big 12 Corner back.

I think you will have to find away to run the football a little better then you did against KU and USC. I know you really didn't need to run the football against KU but if you look at Taylor Completion % It was under 50%. If it were not for the long Pass plays you really didn't put together A long drive. You killed KU's secondary but MU's and Texas will be a much harder task

With all that said, I think the things you did wrong you can fix in time to win the North. I think you will be good enough to win the north and give who ever you play in the Big 12 Championship a run if not win the game

Now on to KU

WOW what can I say? We play like we did the first Quarter we don't win a game all year. We play like we did in the last 3 Quarters I think we could win most if not all of the game that remain on are schedule.

We need to figure out a way to cover people but are run D is solid and are O-Line has not giving up a sack in two games.

You might not be as close to restoring the order as you once thought but you are on your way. You are a couple players away from being among the Elites in College Football

So Good luck to the Huskers the rest of the season. You are a Good football Team with Great fans.

P.S. The Fans that were doing the wave when Eric Washington was lying on the turf should be taking in the middle of Lincoln and beaten. Still after seeing that I still think you have the Classiest fans in the Big 12. A fan base should not be judges on the ignorance for a few disrespectful people. So once again Good luck this season and like restoring the Order in Nebraska, I hope that the Teams in the North can restore the Order in the Big 12 North

RockChalk,

Thanks for sharing your perspective - very good analysis & interesting read. Glad to hear Lincoln lived up to it's reputation for you. As you noticed you're welcome back every year. Im sure you already do, but the next time you see a Husker fan in Lawrence, just treat them like you were treated in Lincoln, and encourage others to do the same.

Re: the wave

I couldnt agree more. I was very annoyed when that was going on as well. I just think people didnt quite understand the severity of the incident, and got caught up in the "ever popular & innovative WAVE" (which should be banned from sports IMO) - but when they saw the stretcher and him being carted off, most everyone diverted their attn to the field and stood and clapped. But Im not making excuses by any means - I was still disappointed ppl weren't more respectful - and even if they didnt have bad intentions, cheering and jumping up and down like its the 1st time they ever saw teh WAV3! gives a bad perception. That said, I was very glad to hear Washington will be okay, and I hope he has a quick recovery.

Best of luck to you guys the rest of the season - I'll be watching and pulling for you. Your team is definitely heading in the right direction.

Great post RockChalk!!! :cheers:cheers

P.S. The Fans that were doing the wave when Eric Washington was lying on the turf should be taking in the middle of Lincoln and beaten.

Agreed! They need to be flogged for not only being disrespectful to Eric (who by the way, I'm glad to hear is going to be alright!) but because they were trying to start the wave in the first place. The wave is stupid and should be banned from all sporting venues. By the way, reports on other Husker boards is the people trying to start the wave were some drunk sorority chicks who were told by some blue-hairs to sit down and shut up.

Hey RockChalk good post and great analysis. I couldn't agree with you more about the people doing the wave I heard about this and a few other things happen at this game about some Husker fans getting rude with the KU fans. I have nothing but respect for KU fans I went to the game last year in Lawarence and all the KU fans were very respectful the whole game. I'm glad you enjoyed your time and hope you'll attend another game. As far as your analysis on the game you were right on we do have a week secondary and hopefully they work on that this week. Don't know why the CB's we have are starting when it looks like we have alot of tall fast guys on the roster but will see how the season ends. I wish the Jayhawks the best of luck the rest of the year and will be pulling for them they played strong in Memorial Stadium(Which is the toughtest in my opionion to play at for the opponents) and with that said they shouldn't have a problem playing agaist any of the other teams. Memorial Stadium is the toughest stadium to come to and play strong but they showed up and played hard and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole game.

Your team gave us a run for our money and this game will probably go down as a classic............The wave thing is very disturbing to me and it's probably a good thing I wasn't around someone doing it because I would have promptly relocated their windpipe below their liver!!! Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season and come back to discuss football anytime.... :thumbs

Great to hear your trip was a good one. As far as the wave goes the timing was bad. I wasn't there but I wouldn't put too much thought into what happened. Most of the fans don't really put much thought into the wave. It's just something to do, always happens during time outs, between quarters etc. It's just something to do when play stops. It's become kind of a mindless action that people do just because someone else is doing it. I doubt any or at least very many meant anything by it. A good portion probably didn't even know the kid was injured badly. Like I said I wouldn't put too much into the wave. Just people getting caught up in game day activities, pounding down a few too many beers and not really knowing what is going on.