DE Patrick Grant

OWH had an articale on him too. Link

I really like the comment from the coach that opposing teams dont even try to pass.

Published Monday

October 23, 2006

Pass rusher from Florida accepts an offer from NU

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

RELATED STORY

»

2007 NU football commitments

LINCOLN - Defensive end Patrick Grant, one of nine official recruiting visitors to watch Nebraska's 22-20 loss to Texas at Memorial Stadium Saturday, has accepted an NU scholarship offer.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Grant is the 14th high school senior to make an oral commitment to the Huskers' class of 2007.

"His speed and quickness off the ball, with his height, makes him a great pass rusher," said Mark James, Grant's coach at Boyd Anderson High School in Lauderdale Lakes, Fla. "He's got a large top end. I think he'll be about 235 pounds, with that same speed, at Nebraska.

"Most teams that we play don't even try to pass because of the speed he brings off the edge."

One of Florida's top performers in the 400 meters, Grant runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds. He attends the high school that produced former Iowa linebacker Adbul Hodge, now with the Green Bay Packers, in addition to NFL defensive backs Benny Sapp and Asante Samuel.

Rivals.com ranks Grant as a three-star prospect and the No. 94 player in Florida. He picked NU over offers from Auburn, Arizona State, Colorado and North Carolina State, among others.

Defensive line coach John Blake recruited Grant.

"I know Blake," James said. "I know what kind of coach he is. I knew it would be a good situation for Pat to go into."

• 1 month later...

We need Wyatt to work with Grant. Can't blame him for re-thinking but I think he'll be OK if Wyatt can establish a good relationship. What is with Louisville trying to steal our recruits lately? Man, guess I'll be rooting for Wake! Hey Louisville... :nutz

Seriously, Grant can be part of a re-emergent Blackshirts defense...don't think he'll want to pass that up!