Submit Nominees for "Post of Week": Week 2

Blackshirt

Leave nominees for the "post of the week" categories here. Nominations will be accepted for week 2 until Sept 12. Voting will take place the following week, and the winner will be awarded "huskerboard" points. Read more here: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/contest.htm

Please nominate yourself if you feel its warranted. We arent always able to read all the posts, so dont hesitate to help yourself win cash and gear.

Be sure to leave the nominees board name and thread link that you are nominating.

Thanks, and good luck!!

Armistead for most humerous:

Boys...I got to get it out early this week...HUSKERS ROLL LIKE A WAGON WHEEL!

Look for BC and Joe D to crunch the game tape all week,2 td passes, 1int....and Joe goes in for 2 on the ground....Look for Ross and Green to open the door to the woodshed with 2 more TD TOTES themselves.....Thats right my bruthas from other muthas...we roll SO Miss like O street drunks.....On ABC I might add..

I am soooooo happy to get the mothership of the launch pad, speaking of MotherF@#$......So Miss even made Lord look good...this one is a laugher at half and we are back in the top 25 this time next week.

I see a SI Cover coming and if I do get wind of it before it goes to the presses I plan on a Husker Hezzbula attack to stop the SI jinx...Peace and Love

eric the red for presidente!! aka best Nsight post of the wk.

Just a little run down from what I have read. The percentage afterward is what I feel he is commited to the Huskers. 100% is the best.

One things that is similiar in all the info is that all the recruits sat together and talked. They all seem to have gotten along quite well.

Phillip Dillard is a four star guy who has all ready commit and after his trip he is "rock soild" on it. He was blown away by everything even before he was told what would happen. (95% a Husker)

Jacob Hickman just committed to the Huskers. He should be moved to the DLine. One of his favorite parts of the trip was the fact that a lot of people knew who he was. He said the trip was amazing.(85% a Husker)

Roberto Wallace a WR from Oceanside, CA came close to committing but then thought it might be best to wait. He was a player who didn't have the Huskers high on his list. Basically took the trip just to go. The game might have moved the Huskers up. His favorite part was the crowd. Verdict is still out on him. (40% a Husker)

Russell Tialevea also from Oceanside said the highlight of the trip was the fans. "They were crazy before, during, and after the game." Again some of the Husker commits are doing their own recruiting. Dillard and Roark talked to him for quite some time. (I think some work still needs to be done on him. He will be taking more visits. (50% a Husker)

Averell Spicer was a big surprise for the Huskers. Averell's father spoke highly about the coaching staff. They were straightforward and direct on their expectations for his son. Neither one of them have follwed Nebraska closely, but also commented on the academics. I really believe we made a difference on this trip. Averell is considered the NUMBER 1 Weakside backer in the country. He currently has USC and Florida State higher on his list, but I think as of now he may have moved even with them. Still lots of recruiting to go and some tough competition. (40% a Husker)

Marquis Wilson had a great trip. Small, quick wideout. You get the feeling we're going to get him, based on the fact we have no competition. BYU, Utah, Utah St. and Arizona have offered. He wants to make a decision by the end of the month. (75% a Husker)

Rey Maualuga, the bigtime recruit from Cally. The number 1 ranked inside backer said his trip was beyond what he thought he'd see in the Midwest. He now realizes by the looks and cheering, how much everyone loves Nebraska football. He liked how he could finally talk to the coaches in person instead of on the phone. He enjoyed talking about things other than football. Like everyone he loved the Tunnel Walk. He said Nebraska is now tied with USC for number one on his list. This one will go down to the wire. He visits Oklahoma in two weeks and he'll surely go to USC on an official. The coaches have to work as hard as possible to get this kid. It might be hard to get him away from So Cal., but from what I have seen so far we are going to bust our asses tryin'..Go get'em coach CAL!!!!!!(50% a Husker)

Zach Potter from Omaha came on an unofficial. I just can't see him going elsewhere. I think he likes the attention he gets and will drag out the process as long as possible. He said he will decide after Thanksgiving. He just wants to take visits and be pampered and you know what I would do the same thing. (80% a Husker)

Just a primer I'll try to keep you guys updated.

Our new resident gambling addict/gaming analyst Terrific Tom's take of the week... sooo good! :D

Touchdown Jesus has stopped signalling for a TD, and is now poking his eyes out. After losing to the Mormons, the Catholics are despondent with the knowledge that they picked the wrong religion. Who knew that Joseph Smith knew what he was doing? The Fightless Irish managed only eleven (that's two fewer than apostles) rushing yards against a pathetic BYU rushing defense. Wolverines roll.

Most interesting post of the week candidate:

AR Husker Fan

Armistead, I think you're spot on in your comments.

Guys, this should be expected. I've said it before - I'll say it again. There are going to be games when Dailey looks All-Pro, and games like this. It's something we're going to have to live with while he grows into the role. I don't know if he can learn from this - but if he can, you can be sure the coaches will provide him with the training and reps to do so.

As much as I hate any loss, better a non-conference loss. First goal - the North.

For the most part, the team performed well. The kicking game errors were corrected. The defense looked good - we played a good team and held them in check for the most part. Except for a couple of breakdowns, I felt like the offensive line played well - their ability to change from a run-dominated offense to a more balance offense continues to impress me; I honestly thought we were going to have more problems in this area. And our running game looked good.

Yes, the turnovers killed us. But I still see this team doing good things.

Is this a rebuilding year? Well, yes, in a sense. Does that mean we can't win the North, and more? Nope - it can be done.

This one is over - Southern Miss played well and deserves the win because the capitalized when they had to. Me, I'm going to put it behind me, chalk it up to one of those painful experiences from which hopefully we can learn and grow, and move on.