CB David Ross

Washusker

He said that he did commit to play for Nebraska on Saturday but he still want's to take visit's to other school's. He said that he is 80% committed to playing for Callahan. Call him a soft verbal.

Tell me this is true.

:bonez

His trip was good(although he rated it an 8...he would like to have been shown around more) and he said he could come in and fit right in with our schemes. We are sitting at #2 behind Oregon still though. Overall, the trip was successful for us.

Free story at Rivals

Sean Stevens

Duck Sports Authority

Talk about it in Red Sea Scrolls

Compton (Calif.) Dominguez four-star cornerback David Ross took his first official visit this past weekend to Nebraska and came away very impressed. In fact it has been reported that Ross gave his verbal commitment to the Husker staff. The 6-foot-0, 174-pounder has a visit scheduled with Oregon for early December. Duck Sports Authority talked with Ross to see if that visit will still happen.

Ross is 80% sure he'll sign with Nebraska

As mentioned, Ross was impressed by his visit to the Cornhusker State.

"It was pretty cool. It was my first experience with being out of the state (of California) and it was pretty cool," he told us. "The fans there were the highlight of the trip. It's a football town. They're about football. Nebraska is college football. When they come, they come. It's a sold out place, and they support their team whether they lose or they win."

What about the rumors of a commitment?

"Yeah, I soft committed," said Ross. "I committed, but I'm still going to take my trips to see if I find it interesting somewhere else."

He told us that he has two visits in mind for sure.

"Oregon and Cal," he said. "Oregon is in December, I think the first, but there's no date for Cal yet."

Oregon linebackers coach Don Pellum is handling Ross' recruitment for the Ducks.

"'DP," said the Rivals250 member. "I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. We just talked about me getting down there and my grades and how I'm doing in the classroom."

Ross told us that the Oregon coach is working very hard for his pledge; in fact he's working the hardest of any coach trying to garner his signature in February.

"It's Oregon because the coach basically calls a lot," he said. "He calls pretty much all of the time to check up on me, and I think he really wants me down there."

That being said, it's a different coach that Ross feels closest to.

"I'd say Nebraska (safeties) coach Bill Busch," said Ross. "I talk to him a lot and I talk to the head coach (Bill Callahan) a lot too."

Ross couldn't recall the name of the Cal coach handling his recruitment.

"I forgot the coach's name," said the No. 25-ranked player in the Rivals.com California top 100. "I talked to him about three weeks ago. I left practice when he called. He asked about how I'm doing in the classroom. That was also when they offered me."

Although both the Oregon and Cal coaches asked about his grades, Ross assured us that he's expecting to fully qualify academically.

Oregon and Cal are both within a day's drive of his home and Nebraska is half-way across the country. Ross said that distance will not play a factor, however, neither with him nor with his mother.

"It's not an issue at all," he said. "Really she prefers for me to get away. I live in a bad area, so she wants me to leave."

Along with Nebraska, Oregon, and Cal Ross said that he hears from a host of other schools.

"Basically people call from everywhere," he said. "It's pretty much everybody."

We asked if anyone else might get an official visit from him.

"Washington," he answered quickly.

Wide receivers coach Eric Yarber is leading the Huskies' efforts. He said that he's 80% committed to Nebraska, however.

"They would have to make me feel comfortable living there," he said. "I don't think anyone can change my mind, but if I think I can play there early that's where I want to be."

It will be an uphill battle for anyone to pry him from Nebraska. Duck Sports Authority will stay in contact with David Ross.

LINK : ROSS

"Yeah, I soft committed," said Ross. "I committed, but I'm still going to take my trips to see if I find it interesting somewhere else."

All he's doing is reserving a spot for himself. he's not commited anything. Not that I don't blame him. Coaches pull there offers all the time for many reasons, sometimes unfairly. It's all a game.