CB David Ross

Washusker

• 1 month later...

something about that story doesn't seem right to me. He's still listed on Rivals and on Scout as ours and Scout says that they haven't been able to corroborate the story.

Also it should be noted that Eggers is mainly a basketball writer for the Trailblazers and has been known to post stories before the facts are in and then once the facts are in he turns out to be wrong. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

This was taken from another board:

Big Red Report contacted David Ross’s head coach Willie Donerson to address Ross’s current status as a recruit. “He didn’t commit. He visited Oregon State this last week, but I know he didn’t commit,” Donerson said. “But I know David’s mom even called up Bill Busch (Safeties coach at the University of Nebraska) before he went on that visit.”

So, why the visit? His coach had a pretty simple explanation for that:

“Some of these kids have never gotten out of the city much less the state and this is the only way they can get to see other places,” Donerson said. “When David took that trip to Nebraska, that was the first time he’d ever even been on a plane.”

As to the recent report by the Portland Tribune about Ross committing in the last 24 hours, he was not all that surprised. “I know the (Oregon State) coaches came to do an in-home with David last night and he wasn’t even there,” he said. “But you know how this stuff goes. One player sees a friend go there, they talk about playing together and all that. It’s fun for them and that’s usually how stuff like this gets started.”

“But he’s a Husker. I know that and I don’t see it changing.”

Donerson did also say that following Ross’s visit to Oregon State, Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan went in-house with the Ross family just to see if anything was wrong. According to Donerson, that Ross basically squashed any thoughts as to him heading somewhere else.

This was taken from another board:

Big Red Report contacted David Ross’s head coach Willie Donerson to address Ross’s current status as a recruit. “He didn’t commit. He visited Oregon State this last week, but I know he didn’t commit,” Donerson said. “But I know David’s mom even called up Bill Busch (Safeties coach at the University of Nebraska) before he went on that visit.”

So, why the visit? His coach had a pretty simple explanation for that:

“Some of these kids have never gotten out of the city much less the state and this is the only way they can get to see other places,” Donerson said. “When David took that trip to Nebraska, that was the first time he’d ever even been on a plane.”

As to the recent report by the Portland Tribune about Ross committing in the last 24 hours, he was not all that surprised. “I know the (Oregon State) coaches came to do an in-home with David last night and he wasn’t even there,” he said. “But you know how this stuff goes. One player sees a friend go there, they talk about playing together and all that. It’s fun for them and that’s usually how stuff like this gets started.”

“But he’s a Husker. I know that and I don’t see it changing.”

Donerson did also say that following Ross’s visit to Oregon State, Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan went in-house with the Ross family just to see if anything was wrong. According to Donerson, that Ross basically squashed any thoughts as to him heading somewhere else.

This makes me feel better, and I give props to BC for making the trek himself.

That said, until the man signs his name on the dotted line, I'll be nervous!