So Cal Recruiting

Here in So Cal the college football talk is dominated by USC. But today, catching the local sports jocks I was surprised how many have turned on UCLA head coach Karl Dorrell. Lots of fans on the call-in shows have seem to have had it with him, after their last minute loss at Notre Dame. They are comparing him to former UCLA basketball coach Steve Lavin who could never seem to rise above with his b-ball team. Lavin of course was fired. I also checked out a UCLA Bruins website at http://www.bruinsnation.com/ and they are not happy to say the least. It is sort of ugly right now at UCLA and I'd think potential recruits are taking notice.

I did a quick search and recruits in So Cal where we may be competing against UCLA are DE Kenny Rowe, CB Antwoine Baker, and DT Tyrone Duncan (there are likely others). I would sure like to see us continue to recruit in CA heavily. A football tradition at Nebraska easily stacks up against UCLA (where football is #2 behind basketball). Would be great to compete for these top CA kids and win them over to Husker Nation!

:power