Juco QB Zach Lee

Any one catch the first half of the Mizzou-OU game when Musberger was rambling on about how many receiving weapons OU will have returning next year and a QB would be walking into a great situation. Then he said "Any JUCO All-Americans out there should call Coach Stoops collect."

sounds like cheesberger has alot of stoops' goo dripping off of his chin to me

This blurb was in the OWH today:

Patrick Witt may not be the Huskers' only new QB next fall. Nebraska continues to recruit in the junior college ranks.

• The prospect who now appears most prominent: Zac Lee, a freshman at the City College of San Francisco. The 6-2, 200-pound Lee, from the school that produced NU receiver Maurice Purify, has completed 136 of 213 passes (63.8 percent) for 2,116 yards.

• Lee grayshirted in junior college last year and would have four years to play three Division I seasons.

I still have not found how much he was recruited out of high school.

Not that I want him but Lee has a WR teammate that is considering NU: Kenny O'Neal. He had been kicked off his team at Florida State and is trying to find redemption by the JUCO route. Oregon and Tennessee are among his other favorites. He's 6-foot, 200 and has 21 catches for 391 yds and 2 tds thru 6 games. He also plans on running track wherever he goes.

Some more insights on Lee: guardsman

The key to success for the 2006 City College Rams' football season will be the players' ability to work as a unit and the sacrifice of individual stardom for the good of the team, according to head coach George Rush.

"We've worked a lot on players' character, developing better team chemistry, and we've urged players to leave their egos aside and do what's best for the team," Rush said.

In 2005, the Rams went 10-2, en route to a third consecutive NorCal Championship. Rush perceives the 2006 team as a deeper unit than past teams.

Prior to the Rams' summer training, Rush commented that some of the practicing grayshirt players were better than those who were starting. One of those grayshirt players was Zac Lee, the Rams' current starting quarterback.

"He's intelligent, has good arm strength and an excellent football background," Rush said. "He's extremely prepared to take leadership of this team."

Lee, a San Francisco native who played high school football at St. Ignatius in the Sunset district, is aware of the expectations placed on him as he looks to fulfill his role as a captain.

"Being a leader comes with being a quarterback. You have to be a positive influence and make sure other players aren't either too high or too low in their emotions," he said.

Rush praised Lee's tactical breadth and leadership qualities.

“He has a great knowledge of defenses and making offensive decisions and judgments,” Rush said.

Lee said that he continues to build his repertoire by gaining different strategies from daily practices.

"When I'm practicing, I pick up something different every time — what to do and what not to do in certain situations," Lee said.

I hope that calli knows enough to save some schollies for the defensive side of the ball

Um, so far 8 of our 14 commits are defensive players and Helu could play defense. I would say that qualifes as "knowing enough" to save some for defense.

And Lewis, Herron, Patin, and Ross have yet to commit...

If we can get Lee it would be a steal. He was fully qualified out of high school so he has four years to play three, and he would be here at the end of next month in time for winter conditioning and spring ball. That gives him eight solid months to learn the playbook before our first game. There is no other position on our team that is more important than QB.

In all likelihood Keller is our starter next season. But anything can happen between now and next August. And with the new 5th year senior rule Keller could transfer anywhere he wants without redshirting next season. Factor in QB's do get hurt and you start to see just how poor our depth is at that spot. Right now there is a huge gap between Taylor and Keller and all the rest of the QB's we have on the team. Ganz has seen action in a few games this season but when all is said and done he will not have had any meaningful time under center this season. Ganz is a trooper, he takes his licks and doesn't complain, he has better wheels than Taylor but he lacks the arm necessary to QB the WCO. So we need at least one more QB on top of Lee. In the end I think Lee is ours to lose. And if we get him I don't think he redshirts. He has three years of eligibility left and is the perfect QB to backup Keller. Besides, if Lee is the real deal, and I think he is, then we want him ready to play at a moments notice. If we are going to win the Northern Division and Conference Championship next season we need a qualified backup seeing action all next season. If Lee doesn't redshirt then his eligibility runs out at the end of the 2009 season. That's plenty of time to recruit other QB's, high school QB's, and they will have plenty of time to get seasoned on the scout team.

We aren't that weak at QB bext year, remember Hillebrand is redshirting so he will already know the offense and will be a quality backup next year incase of injury and is one of the top candidates to start in 2009... that said more depth is never a bad thing.

We will have Hildebrand, but he isn't redshirting. He already redshirted at Oregon State. I am pretty sure that he came in with 3 years to play 3. Never the less, we should be sitting pretty good.