Cosgrove

While I like to blame the coaches as much as the next guy the secondary sucks, talent wise. The LB's are banged up. Dillard missing is hurting now. And the front four are not playing up to potential consistently so I dont see how you can place all the blame on Coz. I think next year will be his last if it continues but I hope it does not as we dont need more coaching changes at NU.

I still wish we had pelini

Well, we don't, so get over it. Honestly, I couldn't stand that guy. I don't really know what it was...

Asking for coach's heads is a little sad right now. How is the D suppose to get comfortable with play calling and schemes if after each game/season SP and BC fire them???

IMO, that is one thing that will chase top recruits right out of town (firing coaches).

It just seems that you are TOO positive about this coaching staff.

A little bit too much kool-aid you drink. <_<

Since yesterday, I don't think I have posted anything that would be considered positive. Other than the only guys that had a good game are Jackson and Purify.

But, I am not going apologize for thinking firing coaches after a loss that really changes nothing with regard to getting to KC, is dumb and irrational.

I don't think firing coaches after a loss really changes anything either. But firing a coach because he is not getting the job done and just doing a plain sucky job for the past 3 years is sufficient enough why he should be gone.

Sucky job over 3 years? The stat's haven't been so up this year, but last year we, uh, led the nation in sacks.

If you are gonna bag on someone for screwing up, you have to give em credit when they deserve it. In my mind, the defense has had two real bad games this year. Kansas and OSU.

Also, let's not forget that the defense is hurting for quality depth due to injuries, really.

McKeon,Octavian, Dillard, Covey, Bowman, Brandenburgh have all sustained injuries. Most season ending. I know there are a couple missing off that list.

It just seems that you are TOO positive about this coaching staff.

A little bit too much kool-aid you drink. <_<

Since yesterday, I don't think I have posted anything that would be considered positive. Other than the only guys that had a good game are Jackson and Purify.

But, I am not going apologize for thinking firing coaches after a loss that really changes nothing with regard to getting to KC, is dumb and irrational.

I don't think firing coaches after a loss really changes anything either. But firing a coach because he is not getting the job done and just doing a plain sucky job for the past 3 years is sufficient enough why he should be gone.

So let's say we fire Callahan!!! Where the hell we going to be after that??? Take another 3 years to rebuild things, change the offense, defense, everything. Yeah great plan!!! We are getting better, but it will never be fast enough for some of you.......I think we played horrible on defense yesterday and I realize it sucks, but move on!!!!

We are getting closer but no doubt this loss was setback. I like what Callahan is doing with the offense...we can see it is starting to work. Recruits are going to want to play in this offense. The WR's are fun to watch. Purify is a great playmaker. Our RB's have been fun to follow as well. BJax and Lucky are fun to watch. ZT has been steady and smart at QB. The offensive line needs to improve and I don't like that we do not have a go-to tight end in this offense as that is a missing piece (Herian is just not the same player he was prior to his injury).

Defensively I hear what some are saying that we have been banged up and that hurts (i.e. losing Bowman and Dilliard to injury...Octavien not being 100% the whole year). The jury is still out for me on Cosgrove and Elmassian. The defense seems at times to just lack motivation, in-game adjustments are not happening, poor tackling...I hate to say it but I don't think this defense really intimidates any opponent (I'm talking conference opponents not the LA Tech's and Nicholls of the world). Teams are able to just move the ball too easily on us. We need to re-emphasize defense as I think the more dominant our defense becomes than the quicker we move back into the national picture. With the blackshirts tradition and history of the program we should have an edge...and right now we don't. Glad to see we are going after some stud defensive recruits and hope to see them gel in future as a dominant defensive force.

Callahan has a good thing going with this offense. Just remains to be seen if our defense can become consitently good year after year after year. Recruiting should help. The defense can bounce back this week. A loss is one thing where our defense competes (i.e. USC and Texas) but we cannot afford any more meltdowns (Okie St. and KU)...thank God we pulled KU out!

Let's dominate Mizzery this week. :bonez:bonez:bonez

I think he needs to be fired, unless he chages something around. That's why McBride became a "genius". He changed the whole scheme around, and they dominated. And it's not like Coz doesn't have talent. AC and Moore will each go within the first three rounds. Stew will be at an NFL camp. In a few years McKeon, Ruud, and maybe even Octavien will all be drafted. I know the secondary is depleated, but I am sick of them playing off the wr's 10-15 yards. Let's see those guys get physical and hit some people. GBR

but last year we, uh, led the nation in sacks.

Damn it, that is not good enough!!!! :sarcasm

It is if you keep it up year to year, but his point was all three years have sucked over and over which is pretty much just wrong.

We fans like to treat sports like black boxes, because really we have to. We don't know what is going inside that black box, nor can we really. Unless you are an uberinsider. So thus you really start guessing. Start making retarded claims that to believe them, you'd have to agree that any coach who has been coaching for 20+ years has really been fooling his bosses all along.

Him and Norvell should be fired. Norvell might be worse then Cosgrove. Norvell does nothing. No coaches will be fired because they are all friends of Callahan.

Yep...the "good ole' boy" system is a mutha. Speaking of which, why aren't you hanging out with your buddy, Aweshucks...erm....FormerFan....or whatever he is calling himself these days. :nanalama

None of the coaching staff needs to be fired. End of discussion.

COZ was on the hot seat last year so if it keeps going on the way it did saturday COZ will be out !

Explain to me who, what, when, where and how was Cosgrove on the hotseat last year when we led the nation in sacks and whipped up on Michigan...who, by the way, is the #2 team in the nation right now. :wtf