RB Bryce Brown

I live here in Wichita, KS and work with the Brown bros. father whose also named Arthur and I went to see them play Friday and all I have to say is WOW! WE have to get these guys into Lincoln! Bryce is THE best back Ive ever seen considering I played against him my senior year when he was a freshman and he broke all the records then. Bryce ended up with 6 TDs. 5 rushing and 1 receiving with 173 on the ground and 30 more catching. This kid is amazing.

• 2 months later...

I live here in Wichita, kansas and pay attention to high school football around here. And let me tell you this guy is a stud. He's only a Sophomore at Wichita East, and he already has broken the single season Wichita City League rushing record, and he only played 8 games. I know KU and K state will be all over this kid. This is prolly the best RB to come out of Wichita, since Barry Sanders. I hope Cally and crew will be out to get this Kid, cuz he will be a star

i never knew barry came from wichita

• 3 weeks later...

I live here in Wichita, kansas and pay attention to high school football around here. And let me tell you this guy is a stud. He's only a Sophomore at Wichita East, and he already has broken the single season Wichita City League rushing record, and he only played 8 games. I know KU and K state will be all over this kid. This is prolly the best RB to come out of Wichita, since Barry Sanders. I hope Cally and crew will be out to get this Kid, cuz he will be a star

Sounds like he would be a starter right a ways didnt nebraska recruit barry sanders ??I thought we did but wasnt it for a kick returner??

I know that we will be getting new life in the coming years, but I honestly don't think we have a chance with Bryce. I think he would have an amazing couple of seasons at Nebraska, but I just don't see him getting the national exposure or success he would get at another program. Putting myself in his shoes, it's hard to see what could convince him to come here.

Add this to the fact that his brother probably isn't coming here either, and our chances are effectively slim to none. Our only shot is if he is the type of person that falls head-over-heels in love with Nebraska on his visit (if he even visits).

I think it will be at least 2-3 seasons before we can get this sort of talent here. Call me pessimistic, I just think we need to be realistic with recruiting, and not salivate over all the 5 star super freaks that will pass us up.

I know that we will be getting new life in the coming years, but I honestly don't think we have a chance with Bryce. I think he would have an amazing couple of seasons at Nebraska, but I just don't see him getting the national exposure or success he would get at another program. Putting myself in his shoes, it's hard to see what could convince him to come here.

Add this to the fact that his brother probably isn't coming here either, and our chances are effectively slim to none. Our only shot is if he is the type of person that falls head-over-heels in love with Nebraska on his visit (if he even visits).

I think it will be at least 2-3 seasons before we can get this sort of talent here. Call me pessimistic, I just think we need to be realistic with recruiting, and not salivate over all the 5 star super freaks that will pass us up.

:yeah

That is a great point. He is out of our league for a couple years, or until we've had a top-5 season or two.

No chance getting this kid. His older brother just committed to the Univ. of Miami. Bryce has said he wants to move to wherever his brother goes to college "to find out what football outside of Wichita is". He will go to the highest bidder. When he was a freshman and his older brother was a soph, they made the rounds around the Wichita private schools trying to get a free ride.

Currently #10 on the Rivals 100 list for next years 2008 class. Still has Nebraska as one of his many schools.

I wouldn't get our hopes too high. I don't think there is much chance of us pulling in Bryce (barring a National Title next season). His brother committed to Miami, and they are using one of those recruiting consultants.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I always find it a lot easier to take the news of losing a recruit if I don't think we are going to get them in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Bryce Brown released the list of 14 schools that he is considering before he makes his committment.

The following schools are Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kansas St, LSU, Miami, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Texas, and West Virginia.

Wow, Didn't even make his initial list. I thought he'd at least consider us since we're so close to his home state and we're a big name in college football.

Oh well, there's plenty of great prospects out there for us to nab.