Well what is good enough

I realize you cant win a NC every year or even play for it every year. The little 12 is basically 2 teams. Tx and OU at this point It needs to be 3. I want to get to a place where the north is never in doubt and that the Big 3 are fighting it out. We didnt lose to the mizzous the OKst the KSU the KU for years. I dont want to lose to them again for years. Parity is abundant in College Football but these teams are still pretenders and probably always will be

in my eyes what is good enough is when you have a team that goes out every saturday.. and you know what the outcome is going to be, you know we are going to beat ku ksu mu cu iowa state, when those games arent must wins because we already know that we are going to win them thats whats good enough.

GO BIG RED!

in my eyes what is good enough is when you have a team that goes out every saturday.. and you know what the outcome is going to be, you know we are going to beat ku ksu mu cu iowa state, when those games arent must wins because we already know that we are going to win them thats whats good enough.

GO BIG RED!

Well, then why play the games? Let's just turn to the sports color commentators who KNOW everything.

good enough?? i think for me being competitive with the big schools every year. being in the top 15 every year and every 10 or so compete for a NC...we should win the north 85% of the time and the big 12 50% of the time....we can t compete every year for the NC that is just rediculous but we should be a program that is top 15 every year. and a dominant force in our conference...even in the 70's and 80's we were top 20 teams werent we....i do think people forget it was like 20 years from one NC to the next which is not that bad really...alittle more often would be nice but things are harder....but we definately need to be competing in our converence every year for the top....

There's nothing wrong with WANTING Nebraska to win Big XII and National Championships. But DEMANDING them is another story.

People who demand blowout wins and national championships are like those spoiled girls on MTV with their super sweet sixteen parties. Getting a car for your birthday is pretty freakin' sweet, but some people aren't happy unless its the best car ever made and they'll complain and throw a fit if they don't get it.

I'd be happy for a consistently good team that usually wins and is always competitive and a team that has that "winner's mentality".

Its unquantifiable, but that's what NU lacks right now. Texas has it, and they consistently pull victory from the jaws of defeat. USC has it, when they were down by 16 points to Oregon St. they came within one 2 pt. conversion of tying it at the end. Notre Dame has it and they've come back from huge deficits twice this season.

I don't know when NU will get that back, but I do know it takes time. Its not developed overnight and it takes luck to get to that point. NU didn't have it for the better part of 20 years through the late 70s, 80s and early 90s. And make no mistake, there were some serious setbacks along the way. Personally I think we're moving that direction again and at this point, that's enough for me.

There's nothing wrong with WANTING Nebraska to win Big XII and National Championships. But DEMANDING them is another story.

People who demand blowout wins and national championships are like those spoiled girls on MTV with their super sweet sixteen parties. Getting a car for your birthday is pretty freakin' sweet, but some people aren't happy unless its the best car ever made and they'll complain and throw a fit if they don't get it.

I'd be happy for a consistently good team that usually wins and is always competitive and a team that has that "winner's mentality".

Its unquantifiable, but that's what NU lacks right now. Texas has it, and they consistently pull victory from the jaws of defeat. USC has it, when they were down by 16 points to Oregon St. they came within one 2 pt. conversion of tying it at the end. Notre Dame has it and they've come back from huge deficits twice this season.

I don't know when NU will get that back, but I do know it takes time. Its not developed overnight and it takes luck to get to that point. NU didn't have it for the better part of 20 years through the late 70s, 80s and early 90s. And make no mistake, there were some serious setbacks along the way. Personally I think we're moving that direction again and at this point, that's enough for me.

Dido

:yeah

Even though we'd usually end up loosing our last one or two games each season ('70's - 90's) it was still nice to know we were in it to win (And could safely bet your best Girl some sexual favors on the outcome).

After the USC game and the OSU game...I don't know what to expect any given week.

Raise your hands if you think Cally would've kicked the extra point for the tie in '83 OB instead of going for the win.

That's what opposing fans remember most often (At least the ones that strike up a conversation when they see me wear NU t-shirts)..T.O. went fer TWO and we win or lose with CHARACTER.

Bringing back the walkon program... would be more better too. (Extra style points)