K Adi Kunalic

He just became that more important with Congdon's organ donor surgery.

What? Are you serious? Who and when?

He is giving part of his kidney to his uncle. Not for sure when his surgey is but the recovery time is set from anywhere from 6 months to 1 year.

Actually it is part of his liver...fyi.

He just became that more important with Congdon's organ donor surgery.

What? Are you serious? Who and when?

He is giving part of his kidney to his uncle. Not for sure when his surgey is but the recovery time is set from anywhere from 6 months to 1 year.

Actually it is part of his liver...fyi.

haha. Yea. A chunk of a kidney won't really do much good to anyone :)

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2309307

January 7, 2007

Recruit says he will give Huskers a leg up

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Nebraska recruit Adi Kunalic was in the stands last week at the Cotton Bowl when the Huskers passed on a 47-yard field-goal attempt in the final minute of their 17-14 loss to Auburn.

Kunalic has a good idea of what might have happened if he'd been on the field.

"We would have attempted that field goal," said Kunalic, a strong-legged place-kicking senior at North Crowley High School in Fort Worth, Texas. "I'm not going to say I would have made it for sure, but I definitely could have tried it."

As the Nebraska football team aims to upgrade its special teams in this offseason, Kunalic gives the Huskers a reason for hope. He kicked four field goals of 50 yards or beyond, including a 57-yarder, in high school.

NU kicker Jordan Congdon, though accurate in two seasons (24 of 30 on field goals), owns a career long of 41 yards. His longest attempt is 42. Congdon left school at Nebraska this spring for family reasons, and his future in Lincoln is uncertain.

"I have a lot of respect for him," Kunalic said. "He did his job well. And if he's there to compete with me, that's fine. I'm not coming in there to take anyone's job or with an attitude. I just want to compete."

That said, Kunalic considers a 47-yard kick as "medium range." He was also surprised to see in person the Huskers' lack of distance on kickoffs in the Cotton Bowl. NU failed to kick a touchback on 65 of 77 kickoffs this year, including all three against Auburn.

"I definitely see myself kicking off next year," Kunalic said. "I'm hoping to be able to do everything."

NU began its pursuit of Kunalic shortly after it was unable to attempt a 58-yarder that, if successful, would have beaten Texas on Oct. 21.

Kunalic committed Nov. 12. Then in December, he fended off an offer from Miami.

The Hurricanes came after him following the promotion of Randy Shannon to head coach. Miami's Jason Fox, a freshman offensive lineman and former high school teammate of the kicker, tried to convince Kunalic to make a visit to the school.

"I was happy that they offered me," he said, "and if they had come at me earlier, I might have (visited). But like I told them, I'm committed to Nebraska. I think Nebraska has a brighter future than Miami does right now."

• 5 weeks later...