Eric the Red

K Adi Kunalic

Is he going to be the starter ?

probably a safe bet

:yeah I don't think that anyone else on the roster has the accuracy or leg that this guy has, but we'll see. Wasn't there a kicker that was transferring to Nebraska? I seem to remember something like that.

edit: Nevermind that guy won't be eligible anyway until next year if he did come. Name was Bryant Hahnfeldt .

I hope the information about him is a lot more accurate than the info on Congdon coming out of high school. It was represented that Congdon could accurately kick FGs 50-yards-plus. I don't know where that misinformation came from.

I hope the information about him is a lot more accurate than the info on Congdon coming out of high school. It was represented that Congdon could accurately kick FGs 50-yards-plus. I don't know where that misinformation came from.

:yeah Didn't he have a private kicking coach that was really hyping him up or something like that? Kickers are probably pretty hard to evaluate, especially from tape.

I think that probably was it -- the private kicking coach. He was over-hyped by that coach, and the NU coaching staff bought into it. He was decent 40 yards and under, but he wasn't worth a darn on kickoffs. Hopefully they have done a better job evaluating Kunalic.

I don't get it. Congdon was a freshman all-American, wasn't he? In his career, he was something like 4/5 between 40-49. So I mean, what did he have to complain about "playing time"??

Alex Henery? He transferred in from Vanderbilt, right?

Nope, graduated from Omaha Burke and redshirted in 06.

I don't get it. Congdon was a freshman all-American, wasn't he? In his career, he was something like 4/5 between 40-49. So I mean, what did he have to complain about "playing time"??

The coaches had no trust in his leg beyond 45 yards which caused them to go for it on 4th down quite a bit from the 25-35 yard line. I wouldn't be surprised if NU had more 4th down attempts than any other team in the nation.

The coaches had no trust in his leg beyond 45 yards which caused them to go for it on 4th down quite a bit from the 25-35 yard line. I wouldn't be surprised if NU had more 4th down attempts than any other team in the nation.

Nebraska tied for 19th with 23 4th down attempts: link

Nebraska tied for 19th with 23 4th down attempts: link

That number probably would have been about half that if NU had a kicker with a reliable leg from beyond 40.

i hope this kid makes it to the pros. he will be the first bosnian since john elway to make it in the NFL..that will be a great day for all bosnians..lol >_<

You're kidding right? Elway was born in Port Angeles WA.

i hope this kid makes it to the pros. he will be the first bosnian since john elway to make it in the NFL..that will be a great day for all bosnians..lol >_<

You're kidding right? Elway was born in Port Angeles WA.

lol. yes, completely joking. lol

Funny reading this and people talking about a 57 yarder!!! haha I know a guy who passed up a 57 yarder, and a guy name Henery who decided he'd give it a shot. Adi is still great on kickoffs.