Offensive Line Concerns

Is it too early yet?

I am starting to get concerned that we have zero OL commitments, and as I read through the recruits we are recruiting hard, I see very few OL prospects.

Our offense is only as good as OL (as we have seen time and again)

And offensive line is one position where it takes several years of hitting the weightroom hard and memorizing our play book in order to be effective and in-sink with the rest of the OL and our offense.

I just need a little re-assurance right now

Good point. I imagine that we will see some start filling out the ranks later on. We are after 1 huge recruit in Javario Burkes(pun not intended). I am sure they are going after several guys right now that they are real high on and have other prospects to fall back on. At least, I hope so.

I want so say what I read was they are only looking for 2 or 3 O-linemen this class. There are 18 linemen on the roster right now. And only 2 seniors.

:yeah

For stretches of the Mizzou game, we had three sophmores, a junior, and a frosh on the O-Line.

Plus, Cruz Barrent and Keith Williams have supposedly looked outstanding on the scout team. And they will both redshirt.

I don't think O-Line is a concern for us in 07.

I want so say what I read was they are only looking for 2 or 3 O-linemen this class. There are 18 linemen on the roster right now. And only 2 seniors.

:yeah

For stretches of the Mizzou game, we had three sophmores, a junior, and a frosh on the O-Line.

Plus, Cruz Barrent and Keith Williams have supposedly looked outstanding on the scout team. And they will both redshirt.

I don't think O-Line is a concern for us in 07.

No, not a concern. But you need a couple prospects and it wouldn't kill us to take a chance on a project. Heck, look at Hickman, he played the best of any of the lineman last week IMO, and he was a grey shirt from the 05 class.

I dont think we have much to worry about on the o-line, we have plenty of youth.

IMHO

our main areas of concern are LB, DB, QB.

and I know we are deep at TE, but we dont have any playmakers, we need to find one. I think it starts with mcneil, this kid is an athlete.