RB Sam McGuiffe

DaveH

37, honestly, if your brother said that and believes it, you should hand him a dose of 'brotherly love' to knock some sense into him.

Coaches won't look at the color of someones skin to make a judgment, because at the end of the day, it won't keep their job security and put more green in their pocket. Coaches will recruit who they feel is best (even if they whiff on who the better player is sometimes), to keep their program on top, and to keep their job safe.

Like Ozzy did by choosing Terry Rodgers over some Wichita kid (that always dreamed of being a Husker) named Barry something... Sanders?.

From what I recall, I actually remember your family members name that was recruited. If the coaches got a first hand look and didn't feel he was worthy, you should just accept it, and move on.

First off..I'm still hopeing My Brother was kidding..Although his Wife said it, too..You just never know with these Religious Fanatics when they're kidding around. :corndance

Secondly..He's my BIG Brother..I may be Twice his size (literally), but he's my best friend and being 6 years older, I always worshipped him a little.

How do you "remember" my Nephew? or did you mean my Cousin?.

I'm not "crushed" about my Nephew not playing at Nebraska..

Sure it would be fun to brag a little at the next Family Reunion in Holdrege if I ever got back to one, but I also know the pain in not going for a dream like that..I still miss playing..Can't believe I actually considered walking on myself...I was WAY outa my league.

Solich was Freshman Coach at the time, but even He didn't need to tell me I'd never be anything more than a tackleing dummy. (which in retrospect..Would have been enough).

I'd almost rather see my Nephew play out here for ASU..I really missed him when he went to Minnefield.

Forty times are really nothing more than eye candy, ask Randall Williams what his hand held time of 4.19 got him. Yeah, I'm sure you are asking yourself "who?" That's exactly my point.

Who?

Yeah..I see your point.

Michael was a little "Ugly" as a runner..He looked kind like a cross between Scott Frost and Rick Burns in his running style..But once he got in the open..he deffinitely had that 2nd gear (deceptive speed).

My bad 37, I assumed your nephew was Tim House. He was from Arizona, came to NU's camp last year or the year before and was the fastest at the camp. From what I remember, he was never offered by anyone. I naturally assumed it was him.

But as for your point about Barry ... the Huskers actually did want Barry. Charlie McBride recommended him to Coach Osborne, but Coach Osborne didn't want to use another scholly at that position. But that's a different story for another day.

Hopefully your nephew is working hard though, and maybe one day he'll show up all these coaches who thought he was too small.

My bad 37, I assumed your nephew was Tim House. He was from Arizona, came to NU's camp last year or the year before and was the fastest at the camp. From what I remember, he was never offered by anyone. I naturally assumed it was him.

But as for your point about Barry ... the Huskers actually did want Barry. Charlie McBride recommended him to Coach Osborne, but Coach Osborne didn't want to use another scholly at that position. But that's a different story for another day.

Hopefully your nephew is working hard though, and maybe one day he'll show up all these coaches who thought he was too small.

The name Tim House sounds familiar..Although I'm probably mixing him up with Eddie House who played Basketball at ASU a couple? years ago.

I haven't kept up with High School Football the last couple of seasons since my Nephew graduated.

Not sure if size was ever an issue..Mike is now 5'11" or 6'..190# with a ~19" neck (like mine although it looks much better on him).

I'm not worried about him..He's one of the two best people I've ever met...He and my own 5yr old Son.

• 3 weeks later...

Player: Sam McGuiffe

Hometown: Cypress, TX

Position: RB

Height: 5' 10.5"

Weight: 175

40 time: 4.26....

Check out this video: http://www.break.com/index/high_school_foo...s_defender.html

Saw a clip of him on George Michaels Sports Machine tonight hurtling a player.

Either it was a different one than that clip or shot from a different angle (End Zone).

Any more updates?

Nebraska seems to have made that mistake before on a kid named Gale Sayers. Oh well win some lose a lot. :)

GBR!!!

Nebraska seems to have made that mistake before on a kid named Gale Sayers. Oh well win some lose a lot. :)

GBR!!!

I was reading about Gale last night..also Born in Wichita?

Maybe that's why he went to Kansas..Hard to imagine NU not offering to either.

Husker 37..

I remember Todd Brown.

What ever happened to him?

GBR!!!

I was reading about Gale last night..also Born in Wichita?

Maybe that's why he went to Kansas..Hard to imagine NU not offering to either.

Husker 37..

I remember Todd Brown.

What ever happened to him?

Are you serious? Gale Sayers was born in Omaha and went to Omaha Central high school.

• 1 month later...

People get caught up too much Ithink with numbers like 4.26 40 time. Does it really matter. Sam McGuffie is fast as hell. Whatever his time is he's not getting caught from behind. That's what his 40 time is.

but just a little something for ya, he did run a 3.8 sec shuttle time.

• 1 month later...

Sam McGuffie RB 5'9 178 4.32 Houston Cy-Fair Texas

Sam enjoyed a superlative junior season and is now being mentioned among the nation’s elite running backs………As a junior, he was named First Team Class 5A All-State after rushing for an impressive 3,121 yards and averaging 8.6 yards per carry……..One of the nation’s most improved players between his sophomore and junior seasons……As a sophomore, he earned Second Team All-District honors at RB after rushing for 853 yards (7.4 ypc) and 11 TDs………Speed and quickness are the name of his game, he’ as good as anyone in the prep ranks when in the open field…….At the college level could excel at TB, slotback and as a return man……..Very, very impressive on film, showing the power to easily break arm tackles at the prep level and the athleticism to leap over an opposing defender on a TD run (a popular video on U-Tube)………..Will need to get bigger, but he has been growing rapidly and his father is 6-5, 270…….Really wowed onlookers at a 2006 combine in Houston, earning MVP honors as a sophomore with the following marks: a 4.32 and a 4.35 in the forty, a 3.83 shuttle, a 41.8 vertical and 15 reps on the bench.……….Reportedly ran a sub 4.3 forty at the 2006 UTEP summer camp…..By mid-January he had received offers from Kansas, Texas Tech and Texas A&M.