RB Sam McGuiffe

DaveH

• 2 months later...

I guess it is (perhaps) Cal that is benefiting from the coaching change:

McGuffie Torn Between Michigan And Cal

They're still waiting in Ann Arbor for a letter of intent from Cypress, Texas, tailback Sam McGuffie, who became something of a YouTube legend thanks to several mindbending clips of the Cy-Fair High star hurdling defenders. Michigan coaches may have to keep waiting. Cy-Fair coach Ed Pustejovsky told me that McGuffie had not yet signed his letter. McGuffie told Rivals.com that he is torn between Michigan and Cal.

McGuffie committed to the Wolverines in June, and he said previously that Michigan's coaching change would not be an issue with him, but he took an official visit to Cal this past weekend. Was it enough to flip McGuffie? We may not know today. McGuffie told Rivals he isn't sure if he'll make a decision today.

Couple this with Terrelle Pryor's delay, and Michigan coaches (and fans) have to be on the verge of a collective heart attack.

This is per ESPN around 6pm...looks like aTm is in the mix too...

The Sam McGuffie situation is getting stranger.

"I talked to him," Cy-Fair offensive lineman Chris Lathrop, who signed with Texas A&M this morning, told the Houston Chronicle. "It's like a wedding almost. He got cold feet and didn't come to school. He told me that doesn't know where he wants to go."

McGuffie is reportedly now choosing between Texas A&M, Cal and Michigan.

• 1 year later...

Signed a letter of intent to play for Michigan.

Transferred to Rice. Too bad he didn't give Nebraska a chance a few years ago.

he wouldn't have lasted, he took to many shots at michigan there were rumors floating that if he played there next year he might have had to hang it up.