How high can we go in the polls????

Syzygyone

Okay, so now the AP has NU at 24 (who cares what sports writes think anyway) and Coaches has NU at 22. Harris (whose opinion is this anyway?) has NU at 23 and BCS black box has NU at 23 also.

I know we can't predict, but what's everyone feeling about where we will end up when NU wins out, including the bowl game? Top 20, Top 15, Top 10?

Say we beat CU, then UT? :cheers

What about beating CU then OU? :cheers

Then, what about winning the Fiesta bowl vs Boise State? :corndance:corndance:corndance

(p.s. I refuse to entertain that thought not winning out)

:bonez

Don't really care about the actual # ranking at the end of the year. It won't be #1 or eve top 5 so it really doesn't matter.

Just as long as we play in January (other than the GMAC bowl or something) in a major bowl that's huge for this team. Big national coverage - hopefully with a good performance/win will give the most momentum and get recruits interested. I personally wouldn't mind the Cotton Bowl and trying to impress/get some of those Texas kids up here!!!

I don't think we'll breach the top ten with three losses. But if we win out and knock off whoever our Fiesta Bowl opponent is, we could see 11 or 12, I think.

And our preseason ranking next year, well, that's another story. Let's win out, first.

I doubt we'll be top 50 with 3 losses?!?! And end of year to preseason rankings...don't carry much weight with me. Examples: Michigan loses to us in Alamo bowl, preseason #15 (I think) and could contend for Nat. Championship. Iowa, while I'm a fan, was top 10 preseason. Now...not so much. And Rutgers was probably what out of the top 50 to begin the year?

To me, its just what games you win/lose.

We could pop up into the top 10 but we need to win out and finish strong. I know Callahan doesn't like style points but this is college ball and winning margins matter. This next game with Colorado doesn't do anything for us since the buffs aren't ranked. We move up only if teams directly over us lose. If we knock off Texas in the CCG we will probably move up 6 - 8 spots so it will all depend on our bowl game.

So it's possible we get into the top 10. The top 12 is probably a little more likely.

does a final ranking make that big of a difference?? yes and know. while no cares about were #15!! it is big for recruiting, and for next year. I think It will be very very tough to win out next year. I do see us being a 1 loss team fighting for a shot(like USC this year) and having a high initial ranking will help that cause. If we finnish the seaon in the top 10-15, wes hould start the season there.

We could pop up into the top 10 but we need to win out and finish strong. I know Callahan doesn't like style points but this is college ball and winning margins matter. This next game with Colorado doesn't do anything for us since the buffs aren't ranked. We move up only if teams directly over us lose. If we knock off Texas in the CCG we will probably move up 6 - 8 spots so it will all depend on our bowl game.

So it's possible we get into the top 10. The top 12 is probably a little more likely.

I'd be surprised to see Nebraska in the top 10. If we win out I think we would deserve to be ranked in the top 15 but that may not happen either. Beating Colorado and then Texas or Oklahoma should be enough to get us into the top 20, but it looks like we'll be facing Boise St. in a BCS game. Frankly, I think there are a dozen better options than Boise St. but that's just me. At any rate, I don't see the pollsters awarding us much for beating another team ranked somewhere between 15 and 20. Meanwhile you'll have all the media darlings that will probably lose but not drop (USC, Notre Dame, Cal, Tennessee etc.)