Purify: "Zero percent chance..."

Vince Young was also the runner up for the Heisman, Big 12 POY, 1st team All American etc.etc. He was a 1st rounder before the NC game so him and Purify are just a little different IMO.

Who knows though Derrick Brown, Johnny Mitchell, Calvin Jones, Fabian Washington(I know he was a 1st rounder but when he declared nobody knew he would run the 40 time he did) all left early. Didn't Bruce Pickens as well?

Vince Young was also the runner up for the Heisman, Big 12 POY, 1st team All American etc.etc. He was a 1st rounder before the NC game so him and Purify are just a little different IMO.

I definitely agree. I just remembered hearing the same thing last year from another guy also. I hope Purify stays, but if he blows up in the next 2 games, who knows how that will change his mind. Fact is, he is 20-21 years old and your opinion can change like the wind blows at that age.

Vince Young said that he was going to come back to school before he blew up in the Rose Bowl last year.

there is a difference in winning a national championship the way the VY did, and just having a hugh game in a confrence championship.

now if MO had put up Dewayne Jarrett numbers all year then I would be worried

Vince Young said that he was going to come back to school before he blew up in the Rose Bowl last year.

there is a difference in winning a national championship the way the VY did, and just having a hugh game in a confrence championship.

now if MO had put up Dewayne Jarrett numbers all year then I would be worried

I'm not really so certain. 2 years ago, the Vikes took Troy Williamson 7th overall because he ran a 4.4 40 at 6'1" 200 lbs. He had 43 catches that year and 7 TD's. Purify has 30 catches thus far with 2 games left and a similar ypc average and already has that many TD's. I'm not saying Purify would go that high, but just trying to put it in perspective that it wouldn't be ridiculous for him to jump to the pros. Let's just hope he will stick to his word and come back and finish what is getting started. :thumbs:restore

Well thats true. But he has shown that he has a lot more than just size. His athletic ability is second to none IMO, plus he has a great verticle, and he has great control of his body. Those are things that he has now that scouts look for that are not going to change by staying one more year in college. I don't see him getting much better overall than he is right now. Sure his stats may improve but his overall ability is going to stay about where it is now.