OT Jon Lechner

40 times for lineman especially are really pointless.

What you want from your lineman are lifting stats and how good is their footwork at stuff like ladder workouts.

Another thing with lineman that you want is something that can't be measured, a nasty streak. Guys like Jake Gdowski, Richie Incognito, Ricky Henry are those types of guys.

40 times for lineman especially are really pointless.

What you want from your lineman are lifting stats and how good is their footwork at stuff like ladder workouts.

Another thing with lineman that you want is something that can't be measured, a nasty streak. Guys like Jake Gdowski, Richie Incognito, Ricky Henry are those types of guys.

Normally I would 100% agree with you that 40 times for linemen are pointless. But the difference between Baker and the rest of the guys is so large......I would say it warrants some extra excitement.

Sheesh, our D-Line is so bad, I hope he plays defense.

Damn this guy is huge for a junior!!!!

sophomore

haha thats one huge friggen sophmore...we have 2 freshman we have are like 6' and weigh around 210 and bench around 200+. one of my friends squat 300... no lie i spotted him. we come from a small school 8-man football but both of my friends are cousins and one of their brother is a OG for UNI. he was flat out amazing that year when he played...we won state baby...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

His Mom sent my friend Lechner's evaluation on ESPN Insider. Since it's a paysite I won't post it but will paraphrase. It said he's at 6 foot 6 and 320 pounds and is a solid division I prospect. A lot of power and able to drive double teams into the LBs. Versatile enough to play OT or OG.

The summary is apparently free.

Lechner is one of the most athletic big tackles in the country. He is massive at over three hundred and twenty pounds with long arms; that along with his 6 foot six frame makes him a solid Division I prospect....

Lechner has a bright future in college football. He's versatile enough to play tackle or guard at the collegiate level and gives great effort on the field. Should be a guy we'll see playing for a long time.

See above link for more. At least for now.

Note: he is on the ESPN 150 Watch List

• 1 month later...