Howdy everyone. New to the board and I'd like to say a few things

First of all, I'm sure yall are wondering why my name is A&M HUSKER. Well, I am a student at Texas A&M. I am from Texas (Dallas), and I choose to attend A&M over Nebraska for a few reasons...

1. closer to home
  2. great education
  3. and last but not least, it's too freakin cold in Nebraska

It was a really tough decision for me to not go to Nebraska because I love UNL. I've grown up a Husker fan my whole life. My parents and my entire extended family are all from Nebraska and almost all of them went to UNL. My mom was a cheerleader for the Huskers back '72, '73 and '74. So needless to say, I have quite a connection to the university.

Now, on to football. I like the way the program is going under Bill Callahan. Sometimes I wonder what happens to his gameplan in the second half, but all in all, I think the pieces are finally falling into place to start building a contender year in and year out again. Big strides have been made this year. For me, watching Taylor drive down the field for the game winning TD against A&M looked to be a real turning point. NU showed alot of heart the last few minutes to overcome the adversity and come out of Kyle Field with a victory. Two great wins happened after the trip to Stillwater and it showed the kind of character Callahan has instilled in his boys. I think great things are coming in the future for the Huskers.

Now for the Sooners. Having seen both teams play in person and on TV multiple times, here is my prediction. IMO, Nebraska should be able to move the ball against OU. The balanced attack should get the job done on O. A&M could have moved the ball ALOT better had Mcgee been more accurate. The passing game is there against OU. Lull them to sleep with the run and the pass will abuse them. As for the Husker D, stack 7 or 8 men in the box and force Thompson to beat you. His passing game is already suspect and with the temps being the way they are, I look for him to have some trouble in the air. Just bring the pressure. Forcing third and longs for OU, like A&M did in the second half against them, will be huge. If the D can do this, I fully expect the Huskers to win. Final score Huskers 27 Sooners 20.

That's all for me right now. I gotta get back to studying for two finals I have today. I look forward to talkin some football with yall for a long time to come.

GO BIG RED AND GIG 'EM AGGIES

Great education???? I thought that didn't matter to Texans....just playin'.

Welcome to the board and I agree with your post about the game. Take care of the ball and have a balanced O is to our favor.

TOO COLD! It's a balmy 12 degrees outside right now!

I've got you beat here in MN....9 degrees....so NU is not as cold as you might think!!!

Great education???? I thought that didn't matter to Texans....just playin'.

Welcome to the board and I agree with your post about the game. Take care of the ball and have a balanced O is to our favor.

TOO COLD! It's a balmy 12 degrees outside right now!

I've got you beat here in MN....9 degrees....so NU is not as cold as you might think!!!

-18 the night before. Punk ;)

Nice to have you on board!