the fumble KILLED us

That was kinda like the safety the Blackshirts got on CU. Definitely a game changer, of course that is predicated on making some better offensive plays. I think the other game difference was the astute way the OU coaches passed to Grix's side of the field consistently and drove 99 yards. OUch.

I dont agree with the fumble being so critical. OU scored within 50 secs of the game. It's similar to a long kickoff return.

We got some momentum going in the second QTR and early third. Just didnt make enough plays, and they eventually did.

(But I will be clear to say I wasnt happy with the fumble).

I think that the penalty on Huff to make it 3rd and long, Patrick to make it 3rd and long, and then Christensen to make it 3rd and long killed us even more. We had 3rd and short before they messed up and made them all into 3rd and long.

Of course the INTs were big, but these penalties all happened when we were driving...at least Huff and Patrick's penalties.

the thing that i saw that really hurt us just in the momentum stand point was when their player went down after the punt after we stopped them with a 3 and out.

the crowd was into it and the defense was as well... it was only time before the offense went down the field right there... that injury kind of quieted down the crowd and cooled down the offense and i think that was big in the first half.