Introduce Yourself

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation?

As in, generally aware of a team from the state of Nebraska, and that we (the girls of my family...the boys are dumb) cheer for them? All my life. How long have I been addicted/obsessed/my daily mood dependent on the outcome of our latest game? Right around when Coach Pelini was hired...I'm still not sure if the two are related or merely coincidental.

2) What/who led you to The Nation?

2 Part answer:

1. My mom grew up in Lincoln.

This answer is always the source of confusion for non-Huskers. The conversation that follows usually goes something like this: "Oh, so she went to UNL? No..she went to some school in Indiana. Oh..so your dad went to UNL? No, he went to Texas Tech. Oh, so your really a Texas Tech fan? No, I'm a Nebraska fan. Oh ok..So..Why are you a fan?" Ugh, it can go forever...

Just because you can't understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

2. Zachary Bowman ('05-'07, now plays safety for the Bears) went to JUCO at my high school (my school is an interesting combo of both) When he signed with the Huskers, my sister started avidly following the team, and I followed her lead, albeit a few years later.

3) Where are you from originally?

New Mexico

4) Where do you live now?

College in Virginia

5) Favorite Husker memory?

•  
  • Finding out that I was going to get to go to a game in Lincoln
  • Seeing Memorial Stadium for the first time in person
  • Alex Henery field goal
  • Drunkenly re-enacting the Alex Henery field goal to the delight of my more sober counterparts (I played the role of Coach Bo, Alex, the Ball, the goal posts, the refs, the crowd, the score board, and any other relevant characters)
  • All of the Holiday Bowl
  • Realizing that Eric Crouch is drop-dead sexy
  • Whenever I walk through an airport wearing my Husker paraphernalia and being bombarded with calls of "Go Big Red"
  • Anytime my mom, sister and I get together, only to hear the sighs and comments of “can’t we talk about something other than football?” from the boys
  • Waking up everyday realizing I’m not a Mizzery or CU fan
  • Any time a guy claims he knows more about CFB than I do, and then promptly proving otherwise

…Wow, it appears from this list that being a Husker is the greatest thing that could happen to a person

6) Worst Husker memory?

•  
  • Virginia Tech game…It was my first Husker game…it took me weeks to convince myself my presence had nothing to do with that last pass.
  • Realizing that I made my previous realization about 10 years too late and Eric Crouch is now married

…No worries, the good definitely outweighs the bad…if only I could get over this Crouch thing..

7) Number of home games attended?

1-Texas Tech 2009…yea, that was lame

8) Number of away games attended?

2-Virginia Tech 2009 and the Holiday Bowl…which more than made up for the previous 2 games

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel?

Football signed by Joe Ganz and my hoodies

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.)

Any place where random people can hear me screaming and yelling at the TV…usually my sorority house

11) Favorite all time player?

I can’t even decide on a favorite all time coach…the list of players from this year alone would be ridiculous…although, as much as I love Suh, I would have to go with O’Hanlon for this year

12) WCO or Option?

Any time I hear WCO, I think of Bill Callahan, so I have to go with the Option

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne?

This is quite possible the only time as a Husker that I would rather not dwell on the past

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker?

Both! (AKA, member of the Department of the Undecided…I think)

15) Favorite Husker play?

Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass…No, my choice has nothing to do with Crouch playing a rather important role in it

Anytime Suh Make Hurt

16) Favorite game-day beverage?

Anything, as long as I’m drinkin to celebrate, and not to drown

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)

I usually hang out on HuskerPedia (its ok, we can all be friends) and someone quoted someone over here, so I followed the link. Curiosity sometimes really pays off

I’m creating my own question, specially designed for myself

18) Dumbest football-related comment? (I’m blonde, this is legit)

Keep in mind that I grew up around football, playing flag football, messing around during recess, all that good stuff. In the process of trying to understand positions a little bit further, I was asking my mom and lil bro some questions. At one point, I asked this question..and yes, this quote is word for word:

“So, there’s a fullback and a halfback...Is there a quarterback?”

It only took me around 2 minutes to figure out what I had just asked…at first I couldn’t figure out why everyone was looking at me the way they were…

Fun story: I started this questionnaire at about 4:40 in the morning my time. I finished around 5:30. As I was about to press the "Post" button, my computer froze, shutting all of my windows, and erasing everything. Do I cut my losses, call it a night and just decide to try again another time? Nope, here's to retyping this whole freakin thing...which was much more fun the first time.

Yay Insomnia!!!

Since day one, July 22nd, 1986

My parents are both die hard fans, but my dad was the original one and led my mom to the light. I was born into it.

Lincoln, Nebraska

Kansas City area

Tough one...Ive grown up with it and been to well over half the home games in the last 20 years I have 3

-Nebraska vs. Florida for the 1995 NC

-Nebraska vs. Colorado 2008, I went with my dad and it took me back to my childhood and was the loudest I have ever heard the stadium

-Nebraska vs. Oklahoma 2009, my parents gave me and my pregnant wife their tickets, it was only the second game I have been to with her and what I consider the first for my still not quite born child. It was super loud and my wife said the baby was moving like crazy.

6) Worst Husker memory?

Callahan taking over right as I headed into college at UNL. Almost made the cheap student tickets not worth it... almost.

Not sure... 70-80

Sadly none yet... since i am in KC now I want to go to one at Columbia, Lawerence, and Manhattan

Sweats, any sweats

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.)

Student section if I am with friends, Section 2 just under the balcony if I am with my wife or family.

-I'm a big Michael Booker fan. He was the guy I latched onto when I was young. I have 3 or 4 of his game gloves from when he played.

12) WCO or Option?

-Balanced attack built on the Option (what Tom started to move toward near the end)

Byrne, really got the husker money machine rolling... why is Pederson even on here (wheres Bob?)

-Herbie... Go Tradition!

I think it was called black 41 flash reverse... the pass to Crouch against Oklahoma

-A beer with my friends, or whiskey and coke with family

-stumbled upon it

• 2 weeks later...

Since Birth got pics of me in a corn born t shirt as a baby.

Grandpa went to Nebraska, Dad raised me the right way as a Huskers fan

Familys from Lincoln, moved to St. Louis for jobs, born in Missouri raised a Husker though

Down in Springfield MO for college

Being 7 years old and going to three home games and 2 away with my grandpa, dad, and brother

6) Worst Husker memory?

Any loss stings but any game where we lost to Mizzou, that won't happen again for awhile

My grandpas old practice jersey he had when he played, blew his knee out 2 weeks into practice

At home with the family or at Memorial Stadium

sam keller....just kidding Grant Wistrom all the way got a couple autographs from him

12) WCO or Option?

Option

......neither

Herbie

Any big defensive play

Ice Cold Budweiser

- How long have you been a member of Husker Nation?

Since before I was born

- Where are you from originally?

Lincoln baby! LHS

Where do you live now?

Colorado now but have been in WI, Chicago and AZ; Most in CO don't even bother to mess with me when I wear the colors.

- Favorite Husker memory?

Watching my grandma decked out in red watching the game in her basement

Beating Miami 24-17 in the Orange Bowl masterful 4th quarter, perfect finish in the perfect place against perfect opponent

33-0 in the Holiday Bowl

Bruising running game with the blackshirts in peak form

- Worst Husker memory?

Bill Callahan - seeing him still makes me shudder. I'm going to write a movie and Callahan will be the name of the villian.

- Number of home games attended?

One - gonna have to fix that

- Number of away games attended?

Zero - fix that as well

- Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel?

My jerseys, mini helmet

- Favorite place to watch a Husker game?

At home for now but I am looking for a good bar in Colorado. Time for a road trip this fall.

- Favorite all time players?

Rodgers, Gill, Frazier, Suh, all the O line - Rimington, Wiegert, Outland Trophy winners; blackshirts

- WCO or Option?

Ummm...you're kidding right? Option

- Lil Red or Herbie Husker?

Herbie

- Favorite Husker play?

1995 Orange Bowl vs. Miami Cory Schlesinger's 2nd touchdown

- Favorite game-day beverage?

Shiner Bock :cheers; a single malt whiskey work nicely as well

- How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)

Google

Go Big Red!

My whole life. (20 Years)

I was born into it!

West Omaha

West Omaha

Nebraska dominating Florida.

6) Worst Husker memory?

Bill Callahan?

around 10

0 :facepalm:

All of it.

Student section :koolaid2:

Too early to say Suh?

12) WCO or Option?

Option is so classic...

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? ...

Herbie Husker.

Option pass.

BEER.

Just browsing for Husker info...

Howdy fellas, new to the board, long time husker fan.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 20 almost 21 years; all my life.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Friends, hearing about it.

3) Where are you from originally? Omaha, Neb.

4) Where do you live now? Same

5) Favorite Husker memory? Husker games with the family as a little kid, the championship memories from what i can remember. Henery's 57 yd FG, with Suh's pick-6, or i just call it a Suh-6.

6) Worst Husker memory? 2007 going to 4 different home games and seeing the worst performance and response from the fans i've ever seen in a sports event. (Glad thats over...)

7) Number of home games attended? I never really went as a little kid unfortunately, i'd probably say in the teens perhaps, many more to come.

8) Number of away games attended? 2 (Need more of these..)

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Johnny "The Jet" Rogers autograph, amongst all my other clothes, hats, etc.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Anywhere in Memorial, with all my friends/family

11) Favorite all time player(s)? Ndamukong Suh, Ruud Bros., Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost

12) WCO or Option? Option, all the way, my god.

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Byrne

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play? Oh wow...What a question...A few; Eric Crouch Reception for TD. "The Run" Frazier vs. All Florida DBs. lol "Suh-6" against Colorado (Defensive play), too many amazing Husker plays.

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Beer, pretty much any beverage

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)Other members, hearing about it around the interwebz

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to HuskerNation.com's custom thread!! An N-trospective into the greatest fans in all of sports..

The purpose of this is to share and learn about your fellow members of Husker Nation. We know it sounds kinda cheesy - but it will be pretty cool to get an up close look at the heartbeat of Husker Nation - the fans.

Feel free to copy and paste the questions below in your reply - & only answer as many as you would like. We are still looking for ideas for other questions to include, so feel free to include any other info you would like.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 43 years

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Air Force parents at Offutt

3) Where are you from originally? Aviano air base,Italy...and no I don't speak Italian, I just eat it

4) Where do you live now? 30 miles west of Chicago

5) Favorite Husker memory? sitting in endzone as Eric Crouch was catching the td pass against ou, oh, only if that could of happened against barry switzer then God could've taken me right then and there

6) Worst Husker memory? the dark days of Mordor, we shall not talk of "it"

7) Number of home games attended? too many to be counted

8) Number of away games attended? the Notre Dame game doesn't count because I was drowning in a sea of RED with the other Husker Nation Tribe members

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? pristine calender of the first NC season, was my fathers

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Mars, ha, why else do they call it the RED planet!

11) Favorite all time player? Come on this IS Nebraska, how can you possibly pick just one

12) WCO or Option? option, run em over, run em over, run em over, then throw it to the receiver with the jaw hanging down to the turf

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? neither, who was babysitting those b_____ds

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? both

15) Favorite Husker play? the touchdown ones

16) Favorite game-day beverage? water--can't drink--gout and yeah it sucks

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) google

And any pictures you would like to share (upload via the browse button below).

Thanks for sharing your Husker Heritage!! :thumbs

GBR!!

Figured it's probably time to post since I've been lurking for about a year and registered for a while. So... Hey everyone

1)How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Since the day I was born

2) What/who led you to The Nation? My Dad

3) Where are you from originally? Lincoln, NE

4) Where do you live now? Lincoln

5) Favorite Husker memory? 1997 missouri game, listening to my dad cuss and yell at the tv and radio the entire game until we pulled it out.

6) Worst Husker memory? Either getting stomped at home by mizzou, or watching the usc players dance around on our field while our guys stood around with no emotion. Made me want to run down there and smash one of those classless usc idiots.

7) Number of home games attended? At least once a year since I was young, and every game while I’m a student so probably 30-35

8) Number of away games attended? 1 (@ kansas ’09, great fans great place. Tailgated with my uncle and cousins down there, was a blast)

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Either my Ahman Green jersey when I was a kid or my autographed Trev Alberts poster.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Anywhere as long as I don’t miss it.

11) Favorite all time player? Growing up it was Ahman and Tommie, now it’s probably Suh

12) WCO or Option? Option

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? BB

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie (the blonde one)

15) Favorite Husker play? Too many to choose the catch, the play, the run, the return, any time the blackshirts are tearing things up…

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Whatever

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) google I think...

Little bonus 18) my first Husker memory would be my parents leaving me behind while they went to '95 Orange bowl and my dad officiated the scrimages down there. still remeber the team coming home with the title at the airport that was sweet!

hey, new poster here.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 40 years

2) What/who led you to The Nation? born in red

3) Where are you from originally? Southeast Nebraska

4) Where do you live now? Southeast Nebraska

5) Favorite Husker memory? 1978 NU OU game, all of 1983

6) Worst Husker memory? the start of 1984

7) Number of home games attended? 3 (hope to change that)

8) Number of away games attended? none

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Football signed by all the 1997 team.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Well, no place like being there 2nd would be at the bar

11) Favorite all time player? I was a running back so I have to go with Rozier then Redwine, Green....

12) WCO or Option? Option to the bone!

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? neither please

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie of old!

15) Favorite Husker play? Rozier against UCLA ... The run!

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Well, DUH.. BEER

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) Can't remember how I came across this board!

Since the dawn of time.

I was there at the beginning

SSC, Nebraska

SSC, Nebraska

Winning against Texas in the initial 60 minutes of the Big 12 Championship game.

6) Worst Husker memory?

Losing to Texas in a Big 12 Championship game that lasted 60 minutes and 1 second.

Not to many. Probably around 10-12

Big fat 0

My husker bathroom: husker shower curtain, husker soap holder, husker tooth brush holder, husker q-tip cup, and red toilet cover and floor mats. Yeah, it rocks.

With family and friends. Uncle-in-law's house. Uncle-in-law? Is that even a word?

Eric Crouch

12) WCO or Option?

I love to watch both when they are gaining yards. Probably option more though.

Don't ask.

Herbie!!!!!

Obviously, the TD pass to Eric Crouch is a great play. However, I am sure another great play will happen if we keep putting Rex Burkhead in the Wildcat.

Punch, lemonade, or beer.

Ty Hudson, recovering Husker recruiting addict (who am I kidding? he is not recovering.)

20 years

Family

Omaha

Omaha

3 way tie - (1)Tommie's run (you know the one), (2)Alex Henery's 57 yarder (I was there), and (3) '09 Oklahoma game at Memorial

6) Worst Husker memory?

Getting shut out 0-19 by Arizona State in '96

somewhere between 12-15

1, at Lawrence 2010

Jan 2nd front page of the Omaha world herald (after the Orange Bowl) signed by TO and multiple players

Student section or club section

Too many...Tommie, Ahman Green, Crouch, Wistrom, Peter Bros, SUH

12) WCO or Option?

15 years ago...option all the way. West coast today

Neither

Lil Red

Fullback trap!

Before - mountain dew from the concessions. After - BEER

HuskerBoard user.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Ever since I could remember!

2) What/who led you to The Nation? My father, and grandfather.

3) Where are you from originally? Lincoln, NE

4) Where do you live now? Lincoln, NE

5) Favorite Husker memory? 2001 OU-NU game, I was there.

6) Worst Husker memory? after the 2003 Alamo bowl until Bo was hired, but this time as head coach.

7) Number of home games attended? over 10

8) Number of away games attended? none.

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? My Tommie Frazier signed football.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) My Dads house.

11) Favorite all time player? SUH.

12) WCO or Option? Option, for sure.

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? BB.

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie!

15) Favorite Husker play? Black 41 flash reverse.

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Red Beer.

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Just online.

1) How long have I been a member of Husker Nation?

Since I was 12 after my family moved to Lincoln from Buckeye country.

2) What led me to The Nation?

Had a locker room argument on my first day of school after moving to Nebraska from Ohio on whether Nebraska/Oklahoma or Ohio St./Michigan was the better college football. My wise father informed me that “We’re not in Ohio anymore”.

3) Where am I from originally?

I claim Lincoln

4) Where do I live now?

Dallas area

5) Favorite Husker Memory?

11/11/78 NU: 17 OU: 14 Stood the entire game in East Stadium

6) Worst Husker Memory?

11/18/78 NU: 31 Missouri: 35 I just knew Nebraska would beat undefeated Penn St. in the Orange Bowl for Tom Osborne’s first national championship. Wilder, Winslow, and Bradley had other plans.

Every home game from 1975 through 1981. Since leaving Lincoln to go off to college, I’ve only managed to attend a few OU games.

Far too few: 1981 OU in Norman. Texas A&M in 2002 and again in 2006. Alamo Bowl after the 2005 season and the Cotton Bowl after the 2006 season.

9) Favorite Husker apparel?

My Nebraska baseball jersey I wear for gameday.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game?

Besides Memorial stadium which distance precludes, it’s on my big screen plasma. I really need to get out more.

My childhood idols: IB Rick Berns, WR Tim Smith, and TE Junior Miller.

12) WCO or Option?

WCO

13) Pederson or Byrne?

Neither. I do like the current AD though.

Herbie

Play action pass down the middle of the field to the TE

16) Favorite game day beverage?

Diet Pepsi

17) How did I find HuskerBoard?

Mr. Google

• 3 weeks later...

Born into it

Hastings

Seattle

The entire '94 Orange Bowl

6) Worst Husker memory?

'87 Oklahoma Game

Steve Taylor Jersey

Bar

Steve Taylor

12) WCO or Option?

Option

Billy

Lil Red

Fumbleroosky

Beer

17) How did you find HuskerBoard?

Google, man's best freind

1)How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 40 years.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Genetics!

3) Where are you from originally? Omaha, NE

4) Where do you live now? West Des Moines

5) Favorite Husker memory? Frazier's TD against Florida.

6) Worst Husker memory? Texas Tech, 70-10.

7) Number of home games attended? Maybe 20-25

8) Number of away games attended? 4

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Jersey signed by Turner.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? With friends, as it prevents me from getting too pissed off at the TV (if necessary).

11) Favorite all time player? Turner Gill/Frazier/Broderick Thomas/Suh

12) WCO or Option? Option

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Byrne

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play? Frazier's TD. Awesome!

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Beer!

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? Mentioned on another board.