Introduce Yourself

• 3 months later...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a lurker here for years, decided to sign up after the Minnesota loss. 

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Will be 18 years exactly in a few days. Became a fan on 10/19/02.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Nebraska football led me here years ago, but the loss against Minnesota pushed me over the edge and got me to sign up.  

3) Where are you from originally? Sand Springs, OK

4) Where do you live now? Tulsa, OK

5) Favorite Husker memory? The day i became a fan; October 19, 2002, The then Frank Solich coached Nebraska Cornhsukers VS The Les Miles coached Oklahoma State Cowboys. An unseasonably cold, grey and wet day in Oklahoma and a game Nebraska lost, 21 to 24 or 24 to 27....I didn't intend on becoming a fan, (at that point i was all OU) My dad got us tickets because i wanted to see a college game and as games at Lewis Field in Stillwater were cheaper, closer and more attainable than a ticket at to see OU. I was a fat, white kid who played line and i  I vividly remember being in awe of the Nebraska team and particularly the Husker Line when they came out onto the field. It was one of the most glorious things i've ever seen. Been a fan since that day. 

6) Worst Husker memory? Possibly this season, but i have a couple contenders. 

7) Number of home games attended? 0

8) Number of away games attended? 6

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Original ticket from that 2002 game. 

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) In person. But after leaving the Big 12, my Huskers aren't in my area anymore, so i'm relegated to the TV. 

11) Favorite all time player? Not an easy answer. 

12) Spread Offense or Pro Style? Defense wins championships. 

13) Big Ten or Big XII? Big XII

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? If i had to choose, i'd say Lil Red

15) Favorite Husker play? Nowadays, anything that nets positive yardage and doesn't result in us giving up a turnover. 

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Did we win? Or lose?

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) Search Engine

• 2 years later...

Hi im Craig. Been raised in Nebraska, joined the Marines and came back to this great state. I've seen the good and the bad through out the years of being a Husker fan and used to be a non member. I would come on this site and read until recently where my passion for the program changed for the better. I know i can be very talkative towards the program and hope my influence can change some people's perspective on how they look at topic's or certain interest within the program.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello all!

Not a Nebraska alum, but a good friend of mine is and over the past couple of years have really gotten into some Huskers sports due to him(Mainly football). Teacher by trade and if curious, am a graduate of Carolina but really with them its just all about the basketball haha. Cheers!

• Plus1 2