Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

From the Omaha World-Herald:

"Fisher, a prospect for 2008, received his first offer Monday after Millard North coach Fred Petito sent film of two games to Nebraska.

"It kind of came out of nowhere," Petito said. "We didn't feel like it was going to happen this early, but evidently that tape was good enough."

Fisher, a 6-foot-5, 205-pound free safety, could also project as an outside linebacker in college. His father, Todd Fisher, lettered at Nebraska as a cornerback in 1983.

Sean Fisher is the fifth junior from Nebraska to earn an NU offer. Lineman Baker Steinkuhler of Lincoln Southwest and running back Collins Okafor of Omaha Westside have already committed. Lineman Trevor Robinson of Elkhorn and running back Ronnell Grixby of Omaha Central are considering offers.

"I'm just real excited," said Sean Fisher, a first-team All-Nebraska defender as a junior. "I've grown up watching Nebraska, but I'm not in a hurry to rush into anything."

Fisher said he's also received strong interest from Iowa."

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% With him in our backyard and his dad a former player, I like our odds.

Petito has a record of sending kids to Iowa though.... I dont think he likes the way the whole Solich thing was handled. We have had a tough time getting M North kids to come here since then.

Also be interesting to see how Fisher's dad views the whole Solich firing thing. His dad played at NU and has seen all this transpired

wow, don't think i have ever heard of a 6'5" safety?...may actually be too tall to turn and move with speedy wideouts.......but may work well as a safety, can't see him as a cornerback, but he may be able to move well even carrying that height..sounds like he would fit in nicely somewhere though...intriguing recruit