Should have been COZ

I don't know Huskerfan55, so I don't want to speak for him but maybe...if BC fires a guy who is simply awful (Coz), and offers his position (and more money) to Blake, maybe Blake would have stayed. I don't know if Blake would be the answer at D-coordinator, but he couldn't be any worse.

You want to call me a Coz-hater or Coz-basher, go right ahead. I love the Huskers and always support the team and staff, but there comes a time when you have to say you have the wrong man for the job. We had to face that with Bohl, and ultimately with Solich, and I believe we need to cut our losses with Coz. Perhaps Blake would not have been the answer, but he is a coach who is already in the system and one that has coordinating, as well as head coaching experience (step away from the keyboard, I know he wasn’t a great head coach, I’m not suggesting he replace BC). Plus he is an incredible recruiter. If there was a way to get rid of one and keep the other, I would have loved for BC to work a deal to cut loose Coz, and keep Blake.

I don't know Huskerfan55, so I don't want to speak for him but maybe...if BC fires a guy who is simply awful (Coz), and offers his position (and more money) to Blake, maybe Blake would have stayed. I don't know if Blake would be the answer at D-coordinator, but he couldn't be any worse.

You want to call me a Coz-hater or Coz-basher, go right ahead. I love the Huskers and always support the team and staff, but there comes a time when you have to say you have the wrong man for the job. We had to face that with Bohl, and ultimately with Solich, and I believe we need to cut our losses with Coz. Perhaps Blake would not have been the answer, but he is a coach who is already in the system and one that has coordinating, as well as head coaching experience (step away from the keyboard, I know he wasn’t a great head coach, I’m not suggesting he replace BC). Plus he is an incredible recruiter. If there was a way to get rid of one and keep the other, I would have loved for BC to work a deal to cut loose Coz, and keep Blake.

John Blake would have been a disaster as the DC. Notice that Butch Davis did not hire him as the DC. I love what John Blake did for Nebraska over the last three years - he'll always have a home with the Big Red. But his only hope of a head coaching job again is via becoming a DC. And two of his friends (BC and BD) did not hire him as a DC. Maybe they know something.....

Uh, pretty sure he didn't get fired by Callahan so how can you say he screwed up? Anyone else utterly confused by what the point is? Other than to bash Coz in yet another thread?

:yeah

I really don't think you can blame BC for this....Butch wanted Blake and offered. Getting rid off Coz doesn't mean that Blake stays.....

Yea. Where the hell is this idea that you could have fired Coz, then hire Blake as DC coming from? Obivously the coz-bashers. Any reason at all to get rid of him I guess.

It's like people want the guy to play musical chairs with the staff or something.