Solich is OUT

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Interesting - I've never looked into these old threads - a lot of stuff in the HB attic to explore

Including this post - a poll on who people wanted for coach after Solich was fired.    

Well be got Bo a few years later. 

image.thumb.png.0a342c000a038c6ec22316c291f96541.png

No Billy C. Blindsided again. 

although I like Bill C. I think he did a good job. And I don’t care what the popular opinion is of him. The football landscape was changing rapidly. Who knows how Frank would have fared. 

This was fun to read. And a few of the OGs were prophetic about Pederson 

• Plus1 2

I think the Solich firing was justified and really should have been done after 2002. The lack of success of his successors is frankly completely unrelated to whether Solich’s firing was justified. 

The guy ended up at Ohio U after he was fired at Nebraska, and I’m not aware of him even getting consideration for a higher profile job. For all fans of other teams critics Nebraska for the Solich firing, it is odd how none of them were willing to hire Solich or seemingly even consider him. And Solich’s tenure at Ohio has been solid but nothing really that spectacular. He never has won the MAC, has only 2 MAC East titles, never has finished with less than 4 losses (not counting this year’s 2-1 season) and has never beaten a Power 5 team other than a 1-11 Kansas team.

Everything indicates the dude is a MAC-level coach.

• Plus1 3

With that being said, why are we rehashing this dead horse now? In early January 2042,  18 years after  we finally fire Scott Frost after he finishes his sixth straight losing season, are people going to bump threads about Frost’s firing, and argue we shouldn’t have fired him?

All I really care about is that our current coach is the worst in Nebraska history, and he’s probably going to be coach through the 2023 season. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Interesting - I've never looked into these old threads - a lot of stuff in the HB attic to explore

Including this post - a poll on who people wanted for coach after Solich was fired.    

Well be got Bo a few years later. 

image.thumb.png.0a342c000a038c6ec22316c291f96541.png

Dang, I remember this poll.  I'm pretty sure I voted Gill among the choices, but didn't like any of them. 

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go download some music on Kazaa Lite.  My Winamp player is ready to go.

15 hours ago, skers83 said:

If I remember right Ohio beat Penn State a few years ago.

Yeah, I forgot about that. That was in 2012.

However, that’s the only real thing of note Solich has accomplished in 16 years at Ohio. He hasn’t come even close to dominating the MAC, which is the one of the two worst conferences in FBS. (The other being the Sun Belt.)