WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

Why? Because he chose to get on an internet forum and belittle a 16 year old kid for months on end? Doing that has is not right, no matter the circumstance.

Imagine if I chose to do that to his children or grandchildren, possibly even your own.

It's classless, no matter what the cause.

If Vondrae truly has problems, then you wish for him to get the proper guidance he needs, not tear the kid down even more or even pat yourself on the back.

Classless? Dude, what on Earth are you talking about? Are you his uncle or something? Classless would be calling the kid names and saying things about him that are not true. Classless would be bringing race into the issue or something like that. I hope the kid does mature and turn into a very positive person. Did I miss something? Why the "pat yourself on the back" comment. I was just going to let this whole thing go without even replying to this thread until I saw this post. I'm not even going to go into the comment about my children or grandchildren.... it was just plain stupid.

I actually heard from some of the MS kids that Vondrae was a very good teammate. But being a good teammate doesn't translate into much if you never see the field because of your off the field issues. Here's hoping he finds his way as a senior and next year we are talking about him in an entirely different light.

Why? Because he chose to get on an internet forum and belittle a 16 year old kid for months on end? Doing that has is not right, no matter the circumstance.

Imagine if I chose to do that to his children or grandchildren, possibly even your own.

It's classless, no matter what the cause.

If Vondrae truly has problems, then you wish for him to get the proper guidance he needs, not tear the kid down even more or even pat yourself on the back.

Classless? Dude, what on Earth are you talking about? Are you his uncle or something? Classless would be calling the kid names and saying things about him that are not true. Classless would be bringing race into the issue or something like that. I hope the kid does mature and turn into a very positive person. Did I miss something? Why the "pat yourself on the back" comment. I was just going to let this whole thing go without even replying to this thread until I saw this post. I'm not even going to go into the comment about my children or grandchildren.... it was just plain stupid.

I actually heard from some of the MS kids that Vondrae was a very good teammate. But being a good teammate doesn't translate into much if you never see the field because of your off the field issues. Here's hoping he finds his way as a senior and next year we are talking about him in an entirely different light.

It's growing quite a bit apparent that you have no idea what it is like to be a grown man. If you want to choose to belittle a kid for months on end, then that can be your own thing. But that IS classless and quite sad at the same time.

This is a freakin' HS kid that you have tried to beat down over months with no apparent reasoning behind it. If he does have attitude problems, who the hell are you to judge him? Do you have problems of your own? How about your loved ones? Are you tearing them down at every given chance? Don't be blind to your own problems, fix them first before you dare judge anyone, especially a freakin' 16 kid.

Mods it's apparent that this thread is going nowhere but downhill! Is there anyway we can lock it and move on. I guess I see no use in degrading a 17 year old kid on a message board!

Well, a couple of points:

1. We have to have some kind of thread on him - he is someone we are apparently evaluating.

2. While I am not judging him, the fact remains that given his talent he is going to be scrutinized no end. And good or bad, he will be judged on a number of factors, including his deportment.

Given that, I think we'll let the thread go on.

Mods it's apparent that this thread is going nowhere but downhill! Is there anyway we can lock it and move on. I guess I see no use in degrading a 17 year old kid on a message board!

Well, a couple of points:

1. We have to have some kind of thread on him - he is someone we are apparently evaluating.

2. While I am not judging him, the fact remains that given his talent he is going to be scrutinized no end. And good or bad, he will be judged on a number of factors, including his deportment.

Given that, I think we'll let the thread go on.

I agree about the evaluating but I guess I see no point in slandering the kid. :dunno

I hope I never see any of you guys post anything negative about a kid on this board. I will be all over your butt in a heartbeat.

Slandering. Since when does anything I have said about this kid = slandering? You guys are really sensitive. Get over yourselves.

When did I mention your name specifically?? Since you call yourself "Father5" I figure you have kids. How would you like knowing that people were saying this crap about your son? Or better yet, telling other's that he's popping acid? I just find it ironic that a GROWN MAN has to come on here and belittle a kid! Oh well, some seem to get their "fix" on that kind of stuff!

I hope I never see any of you guys post anything negative about a kid on this board. I will be all over your butt in a heartbeat.

Slandering. Since when does anything I have said about this kid = slandering? You guys are really sensitive. Get over yourselves.

When did I mention your name specifically?? Since you call yourself "Father5" I figure you have kids. How would you like knowing that people were saying this crap about your son? Or better yet, telling other's that he's popping acid? I just find it ironic that a GROWN MAN has to come on here and belittle a kid! Oh well, some seem to get their "fix" on that kind of stuff!

Popping acid? What the hell are you talking about? You are equating my reservations about this kid because of his attitude issues to someone saying he is on acid? Please try to make sense.

This is how this kind of forum works. One person posts on here how great it would be to have Player A come to NU and play for the Huskers. Another person comes on and either agrees or disagrees with that person. For instance, someone posted about the QB kid from Bellvue West about what an outstanding prospect he was. I saw this kid play and wasn't nearly as impressed and posted that maybe he wasn't D1 material. Is that belittling? No. It's an opinion about a kid's ability. I may, in fact, be so wrong on that that one day I eat my words. That is why it is a "forum" and a "discussion". We discuss the pros and cons of players and their abilities, prospects, and even off-the-field issues. Not everything said of every prospect on this board has been positive. After decommittments some people have said some really nasty stuff about players. Have you guys that have been bashing me gone after those guys too? Or, is it more likely that you think I'm "picking" on Vondrae for some other reason?

Either way guys, this post is dead to me. I'll let it go if you do.

Popping acid? What the hell are you talking about? You are equating my reservations about this kid because of his attitude issues to someone saying he is on acid? Please try to make sense.

This is how this kind of forum works. One person posts on here how great it would be to have Player A come to NU and play for the Huskers. Another person comes on and either agrees or disagrees with that person. For instance, someone posted about the QB kid from Bellvue West about what an outstanding prospect he was. I saw this kid play and wasn't nearly as impressed and posted that maybe he wasn't D1 material. Is that belittling? No. It's an opinion about a kid's ability. I may, in fact, be so wrong on that that one day I eat my words. That is why it is a "forum" and a "discussion". We discuss the pros and cons of players and their abilities, prospects, and even off-the-field issues. Not everything said of every prospect on this board has been positive. After decommittments some people have said some really nasty stuff about players. Have you guys that have been bashing me gone after those guys too? Or, is it more likely that you think I'm "picking" on Vondrae for some other reason?

Either way guys, this post is dead to me. I'll let it go if you do.

Father5 - Before you let it go, perhaps something should be cleared up. I believe Blackshirtsguru was referencing this post:

"maybe he is a bust because he probably smoked himself out already smoking the mary jane...i know we are all fans and we want the best...but ive heard this kid does acid and is just ruining his athletic career...you can believe me but ill stick to my sources"

It was made by another poster, who kind of is slandering the kid...