WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

He is transferring there bc of family issues. He wont even be able to play in tom. state bball game with prep, which would make me mad if I were him. However in the same article his grandparents said that his heart is set on going to Nebraska and they have a meeting set up with Callahan tom. to let him know why he has gone to three schools in three years. I really love this news bc I was afraid that he was going to get away from us much like it seems Robinson is going to this year. This guy will be as good or better than Paul. I watched him play three times this year and every time I watched him it was obvious he was ten times better than anyone on the field and he was a sophmore!

• 2 weeks later...

On rivals they had an article that had his grandpa is saying that he didnt verbally committ to Nebaraska but pretty much. He said he is a hometown boy and loved coach Gilmore. He also said that he tried to go out to California for a tourney one year and ended up getting really homesick. I think it looks like as much as a lock for Nebraska as someone can be right now anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

this is the type of kid that i could see finding someone giving him "more" love somewhere else, or getting in an argument with a coach and getting in a car and driving home. three highschools in two years does not impress me. it appears that most of the problems this kid has is that he is a natural athlete and doesn't have the attitude or work ethic to see something through to the finish. doesn't seem to have that killer instinct to do more than just win. Call me a hater but this kid just rubs me wrong, i don't know if i want him or not

this is the type of kid that i could see finding someone giving him "more" love somewhere else, or getting in an argument with a coach and getting in a car and driving home. three highschools in two years does not impress me. it appears that most of the problems this kid has is that he is a natural athlete and doesn't have the attitude or work ethic to see something through to the finish. doesn't seem to have that killer instinct to do more than just win. Call me a hater but this kid just rubs me wrong, i don't know if i want him or not

And again.... We don't know the whole story, but rumor has it that there are a lot of family problems. Not always the kids choice to move.

Skers how in the world can you make that kind of judgement based on being at three schools? Have you heard stories? Have you seen him work out in the offseason? Have you spoken with him? If not then you have no business saying things like that. If you didnt read the story then maybe you should before you make a judgement about someone like that. He is having problems within his family and his grandparents thought it would be best for him to go to MS, they live close to that school and he is going to be living with them for a while. They spoke with Bill Callahan and explained their story to him and they still want him so I am sure if it was something over the top they would have told him they arent interested like they did Grixby. I dont know him personally and I have only seen him play three times, and every time he dominated. Your initial snap judgement of someone without knowing obviously any of the story is pathetic.

Skers how in the world can you make that kind of judgement based on being at three schools? Have you heard stories? Have you seen him work out in the offseason? Have you spoken with him? If not then you have no business saying things like that. If you didnt read the story then maybe you should before you make a judgement about someone like that. He is having problems within his family and his grandparents thought it would be best for him to go to MS, they live close to that school and he is going to be living with them for a while. They spoke with Bill Callahan and explained their story to him and they still want him so I am sure if it was something over the top they would have told him they arent interested like they did Grixby. I dont know him personally and I have only seen him play three times, and every time he dominated. Your initial snap judgement of someone without knowing obviously any of the story is pathetic.

my girlfriends little brother played ball with him growing up so i know more than you think..and he's lazy...maybe he had a change recently but the kid half asses it in certain games and practice. Look at his stats from Central and then look at them from prep...granted hes a year older but he didn't give half the effort at prep as he did at central. I know he has family issues but who the heck doesn't? Don't tell me what i know and what i dont know... the kid in the past has been a lazy kid that has loads of potential...i just hope that he realizes what he's got and taps into it.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy is good, i think he will be the best receiver in 2009. If he commits to Nebraska then i think he will start as a true freshman.

hard to say right now but it would be awesome to see him and niles line up on the same side for once, imagine if purify would be around at that time also wow

I know nothing about this kid, reading this thread is the first time I've heard anything about him but this is just a thought... at the time of all of these "reports" of him being lazy and all that stuff I think its important to remember how old this kid is. He is what, probably 16 years old right now? He's probably got a lot of maturing to do, but dont most 15 and 16 year olds?

Hopefully we get this guy, sounds like a nice player!