WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

They have two very good juniors to be who make it easier for a coaching staff to draw a hard line with a headcase.

They don't seem like the type of coaching staff that would put up with too much crap regardless of skill level. That being said, I think Vondrae will be just fine.

Update on Tostensen. I was told by an official from the 7 on 7 tournament down at NU that Tostensen showed a tremendously poor work ethic at the 7 on 7 games. I was told that there were 5-6 interceptions of balls intended for him that he didn't even try for because they weren't perfect throws. He showed no interest in turning from receiver to db on underthrown balls, showed a penchant to lag on plays, seemed disinterested overall. I was also told that there were numerous players (some on his own team) with less talent that clearly outplayed him because of his lackadaisical attitude. I hate to say it, but..... I might have told you so.

How about this, when this guy goes JUCO in 2009, or if he doesn't make the NFL in 2012 or 2013, then you can say I told you so. Guess what, a lot can happen between now and then. The kid is probably 16 years old. And I'm not sure I care about what someone that you know told you about how he performed. I'm sure the coaching staff was there and watching. If he did show that side of himself, it wasn't a very smart thing to do, and he'll probably pay some sort of consequence. But it's funny that we are saying "I told you so," already.

it is a 7 on 7 tourney it isn't that big of deal, I know he doesn't have a good attitude but don't put to much into the 7 on 7 fun and gun tourney

Please. Stop trying to make excuses for this kid or cut him slack he hasn't earned. He's been at three high schools in less than two years and as far as anyone knows, he hasn't shown a willingness to do anything but cause problems wherever he goes. Do you know how hard it is to get booted out of Omaha Central? David Horne rubbed his .... ahem.... "privates" on a girl and was allowed to stay there.

As for not caring what I have to say about it, no problem. Keep your blinders on about this kid as long as you want. He may be young, with a chance to mature, but it just isn't clicking for this kid. Man, you act like I personally hate this kid or something. I'd love to see this kid turn it around and prove me wrong, however, I am a true Husker fan and I hope that the coaching staff steers clear of this guy.

it is a 7 on 7 tourney it isn't that big of deal, I know he doesn't have a good attitude but don't put to much into the 7 on 7 fun and gun tourney

Please. Stop trying to make excuses for this kid or cut him slack he hasn't earned. He's been at three high schools in less than two years and as far as anyone knows, he hasn't shown a willingness to do anything but cause problems wherever he goes. Do you know how hard it is to get booted out of Omaha Central? David Horne rubbed his .... ahem.... "privates" on a girl and was allowed to stay there.

As for not caring what I have to say about it, no problem. Keep your blinders on about this kid as long as you want. He may be young, with a chance to mature, but it just isn't clicking for this kid. Man, you act like I personally hate this kid or something. I'd love to see this kid turn it around and prove me wrong, however, I am a true Husker fan and I hope that the coaching staff steers clear of this guy.

:rollin OK, I guess I must have forgotten that you are the subject matter expert on this kid. :worship Like I said in my post, if he was acting in the way you described at the 7 on 7 tournament, then I'm sure he'll pay the consequences. I don't know how my post somehow makes you question my user name, but your posts definitely make me question your's. What kind of father would throw some kid under the bus at 16 years of age? I'm sure the coaching staff will take everything into account on this kid, just as they did with Ronnell Grixby, and I'll support their decision, whether to recruit him, or not.

:rollin OK, I guess I must have forgotten that you are the subject matter expert on this kid. :worship Like I said in my post, if he was acting in the way you described at the 7 on 7 tournament, then I'm sure he'll pay the consequences. I don't know how my post somehow makes you question my user name, but your posts definitely make me question your's. What kind of father would throw some kid under the bus at 16 years of age? I'm sure the coaching staff will take everything into account on this kid, just as they did with Ronnell Grixby, and I'll support their decision, whether to recruit him, or not.

Get over yourself. I was merely making it known what type of reputation this kid has allready established with just about every single person in the know in high school sports in Omaha. Don't take my word for it, ask around.

Get over yourself. I was merely making it known what type of reputation this kid has allready established with just about every single person in the know in high school sports in Omaha. Don't take my word for it, ask around.

Well, whatever happens, I just hope this kid can get his act together and become a great player for Nebraska or elsewhere, if he wants to waste his talent, then he'll get what he deserves. I think we can both agree on that.

he hasn't got kicked out of either school

he hasn't got kicked out of either school

You're right, he didn't get kicked out of either school. Just like Richard Nixon didn't get kicked out of the oval office.

Do you know how hard it is to get booted out of Omaha Central? David Horne rubbed his .... ahem.... "privates" on a girl and was allowed to stay there.

I believe you are thinking of Mark LeFlore not Horne. Just thought I'd help get the story straight.

If this kid didn't play well at the 7 on 7 thing then the staff at NU is probably aware of it. If this kid has issues the staff is probably aware of them. If this kid isn't worth taking a chance on the staff is more then likely aware of that as well. If this kid is a freak of nature that needs to grow up.........guess what the staff is probably aware of that to. He won't end up at NU if he is bad news.

Do you know how hard it is to get booted out of Omaha Central? David Horne rubbed his .... ahem.... "privates" on a girl and was allowed to stay there.

I believe you are thinking of Mark LeFlore not Horne. Just thought I'd help get the story straight.

If this kid didn't play well at the 7 on 7 thing then the staff at NU is probably aware of it. If this kid has issues the staff is probably aware of them. If this kid isn't worth taking a chance on the staff is more then likely aware of that as well. If this kid is a freak of nature that needs to grow up.........guess what the staff is probably aware of that to. He won't end up at NU if he is bad news.

:yeah

or the thread can continue with this --> dedhoarse