40 time: 4.9

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oregon St., Stanford,

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:#59/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 80% It shows on scout that Marcel Jones committed to Nebraska. It has not been shown on rivals yet. If this is true keep bringing them in.

Marcel Jones

OL 6-7 300 Phoenix, Ariz. - Trevor Browne HS

“I really like how Nebraska takes care of their players and makes sure they are taking care of things academically. Plus, I really like the small town atmosphere of Lincoln. It’s a little bit more of a calm surrounding.”

That is one big guy.... shees, look at our future line! with him and next years commits, GO (VERY) BIG RED

P.S. - Still room for Burkes though!

P.S.S. - and Amie or Fleener

From what I have heard we will take up to 30. We can do so because of academic scholarships and people currently on roster that will leave the team. It is also possible that one of the players showing up for spring ball will be counted toward last year's total. Another thing to consider is someone greyshirting.

That is one big guy.... shees, look at our future line! with him and next years commits, GO (VERY) BIG RED

P.S. - Still room for Burkes though!

P.S.S. - and Amie or Fleener

Would like to get Burkes, either Amie or Fleener, and Patin...I would hate to not have room for Patin...we have been his leader for a long time. Any others out there who have listed us as clear leader that have yet to commit? I'm also hearing Jenkins may be N also...that gets us to 30.

I also heard that Jenkins may have some academic issues though??? I checked some headlines and it seems that he is going to delay his decision now, so i wonder if we didn't pull his offer.....

I am so happy with this class defensively at this point i am not too worried about him.... But if it is still possible for him to come then great! I forgot about patin for some reason, but yes, i think we take 3 more, and those are the targets.

I also heard that Jenkins may have some academic issues though??? I checked some headlines and it seems that he is going to delay his decision now, so i wonder if we didn't pull his offer.....

I am so happy with this class defensively at this point i am not too worried about him.... But if it is still possible for him to come then great! I forgot about patin for some reason, but yes, i think we take 3 more, and those are the targets.

Looks like you are right on Jenkins...now see Rivals teaser that he will not announce on Friday as he intended...chances don't look so good for him...

Looks like you are right on Jenkins...now see Rivals teaser that he will not announce on Friday as he intended...chances don't look so good for him...

At this point, would we even accept Jenkins verbal?

Player: Marcel Jones

Hometown: Phoenix, AZ

Position: OT

Height: 6’7”

Weight: 320

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 80%

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Assessing the talent:

ZOMG!

QUOTE(Eric the Red @ Dec 21 2006, 09:16 AM)

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:#59/

Assessing the talent:

ZOMG!

To me, what's more amazing than his height and weight is his 40 time. I just find it hard to fathom that Marcel can lumber his 6'7" 320 lb frame in a 40 time under 5 seconds. Wow!

does anyone know which side of the line (right or left) he plays on or is projected to play on for us?

I haven't seen any film on the guy, so I'm just guessing, but I suspect the left. With his stated 40-time, you have to assume he has quick feet. If he has relatively long arms, then he's a lock for protecting the blind side where most teams put their best pass rusher.

Again, I don't know this for a fact - just extrapolating given the measuables.

do we have a sumo wrestling team now?

:blink::thumbs

Speaking of sumo wrestling, Mike'l Severe and Damon Benning were commenting today that Burkes has the largest man-boobs they had ever seen. He has the skills but may have to be resculpted by the staff once he gets here if he becomes N.

do we have a sumo wrestling team now?

:blink::thumbs

Speaking of sumo wrestling, Mike'l Severe and Damon Benning were commenting today that Burkes has the largest man-boobs they had ever seen. He has the skills but may have to be resculpted by the staff once he gets here if he becomes N.

I've noticed that as well - Burkes looks like a fat slob. I hope he has a good work ethic, because he could be a huge (literally and otherwise) bust.

i hope we did recruit another fat slow guy......we need faster linemen, guys who can move!

His 40 time is pretty quick for a big lineman.

Rivals has Marcel listed as 6'7" 310 lbs. and a 40-time of 5.3....which would bring him back down to earth somewhat. Not that it makes any difference - Marcel is a beast either way. I assume that info for the prospect profile that we have on Huskerboard is from Scout.com. Can anyone tell me which is the more accurate info, in terms of player profiles, Scout or Rivals?

I like the fact that Stanford wanted him, shows that grades won't be a problem. Of course being smart never really hurts any way. Not that I would know but thats what I've heard. :)

GBR!!!

Did anyone else notice that he is also listed as a basketball recruit? Is this behemoth going to play b-ball, or is that a rivals error?

You could put together a pretty decent punkin ball team off of our football roster. Isnt Mo Purify a player? ...Meno?

Pierre Allen is also supposed to be a pretty good basketball player

I think Jones may be one of the steals of this class.

Marcel Jones

OL 6-7 300 Phoenix, Ariz. - Trevor Browne HS

“I really like how Nebraska takes care of their players and makes sure they are taking care of things academically. Plus, I really like the small town atmosphere of Lincoln. It’s a little bit more of a calm surrounding.”