Amie vs. Fleener???

That's a tough call. A gamebreaker at TE would be nice, but a WR that can catch the ball, break a tackle and move the chains is valuable is well. With all things being equal, I guess I would rather have Fleener if he is a bonafide stud like Amie(not all that familiar with Fleener's prowess). The Huskers have been missing the threat at TE since Herian was injured in 04. There are several good WR prospects that the Huskers currently have on the roster.

Both are being recruited as a TE.... in the mould of sort of a TE/WR hybrid.

But from what i have read Fleener has some serious wheels, getting close to a 4.4 40 now, and with his size.... he could be a tough matchup for a LB when he breaks off the line to go out for a pass. Don't get me wrong, Amie would be good....and a fairly similar situation, BUT Fleener's speed and size combo are slightly better so I like him. And the fact that Stanford wants him i am guessing he is fairly intelligent, so that is a big plus. BTW, I get the feeling that he is Stanford's to lose....so I would be happy with Amie.

Both are being recruited as a TE.... in the mould of sort of a TE/WR hybrid.

But from what i have read Fleener has some serious wheels, getting close to a 4.4 40 now, and with his size.... he could be a tough matchup for a LB when he breaks off the line to go out for a pass. Don't get me wrong, Amie would be good....and a fairly similar situation, BUT Fleener's speed and size combo are slightly better so I like him. And the fact that Stanford wants him i am guessing he is fairly intelligent, so that is a big plus. BTW, I get the feeling that he is Stanford's to lose....so I would be happy with Amie.

Correct, I need to change that. They are both TE